Chapter Thirteen: September 13th, 2001 ||Rescued By a Hero||

The rescue parties were rushing to find those who were trapped underneath the rubble. While looking for me and York, Alfred and the other countries that came back with him were pulling other people one after the another from the rubble. On some occasions Alfred would try call either mine or York's cell phones. Sometimes he wouldn't get through, making him worry even more then he already was.

With the day slowly passing by, the hope of finding York and I was growing slim with each passing moment and it didn't help Alfred that he's been up for 48 hours straight, only taking a break when he needed water, and everyone noticed it.

"Alfred, why don't you just take a little break and get some rest. You're useless when you're tired." Arthur climbed out of the rubble with another survivor.

"I'm fine Arthur. I want to be the one to bring Emily out of the rubble. I told her that I was coming to get her and that's what's going to happen. I'm going to be Emily's hero!" Alfred took the water bottle that he had in his hand and poured it over top of his head and went back into the rubble.

Down below my leg injury was getting worse. Though York was trying his best to keep it clean, it was quickly getting infected as well has his own head injury. York was losing sight in his right eye. With his sight fading, it was getting harder and harder to know what was going on around him and with me slipping in and out of consciousness multiple times he never knew if it would be my last time doing so.

"Mr. Alfred, sir. I don't know how much longer we're going to last. Miss Emily's leg injury is getting worse with each passing moment that it's starting to give off an odor. And my injury is starting to get in the way of protecting Miss Emily."

"We're moving as fast as we can York. Just keep up with what you're doing and try to keep Emily alive!"

"I'll try Mr. Alfred...I'll try..."

That was the last conversation that York and Alfred had and that was about two hours ago. With his phone now dead, my phone was the only one that kept us in contact and that after each conversation York would turn off then phone and wait two hours before turning it back on.

"Let's see if your brother is any closer in finding us, Miss Emily."

York turned on my phone and called Alfred's number. The first ring wasn't even halfway done when York heard Alfred's voice on the other end.

"York!? How are the two of you doing?!"

"Mr. Alfred, sir. Emily is running a fever now and I don't feel so good either..." York's voice was weak and scratchy.

"Just hang in there York--"

York could suddenly hear Alfred's voice echo off the destroyed walls that surrounded them.

"Mr. Alfred, sir. I think I can hear you!"

"Same here! Try banging on something!--"

York took two metal rods that was nearby and started hitting them together. The sound echoed off the walls, leading Alfred, Arthur and Matthew to their location. Alfred rushed to me as quickly as he could. Seeing how bad my leg was and how bad York's injury was, Alfred radioed up to the paramedics.

"Emily! Emily, open your eyes!"

I slowly opened my eyes to see my brother's face. Tears of joy started to form in me big blue eyes.

"A-Alfred--"

"It's alright. You and York are going to be alright now that a Hero is here to help. Just hold on and we'll get to two of you to the hospital."

With my heart filled with joy I clings to Alfred as he carefully carried me out of the rubble and to the paramedics, so they could check me out as well as York who was carried out by Arthur and Matthew, rushing us to the hospital to get the proper treatment.

When I regained consciousness, I found myself in a white hospital room, hooked up to an IV. Looking around I was a little confused, but then I noticed Arthur, Alice, Matthew, Madeline, Kumajirou, Kumarie, Wang Yao, Wang Chun-Yan, Francis, Françoise, Ivan, Anya, Ludwig, Monica, Kiku, Sakura, Veliciano and Daisy sleeping throughout my room. As I looked around at them I noticed that Alfred was missing.

"Where's Alfred?!"

And as if he could read my mind Alfred walked through the door and everyone started to wake up.

"Look who's awake. How are you feeling?" Alfred handed me a glass of water.

"I'm still tired and my leg still hurts. Wait! What about York?!" I asked frantically at Alfred.

He just simply smiled and turned to the door.

"Why don't you just ask him."

York came walking through the door with the right side of his face bandaged up. A dark scar could be seen sticking out from underneath the bandages.

"York! Your face?!"

"It's alright. My left eye is a worthy sacrifice if it meant protecting our country's heroine."

Tears started to form again in my big blue eyes. I had survived something that hundreds of thousands did not, and I was lucky to have those who mean the world to me standing by my side. I knew that I had a long and painful recovery ahead of me, as well as the country I loves so dear, but as long as the enemy is still out there I, my brother, and all our allies will stand together and fight back until Justice is served.