Chapter Eleven: September 11th, 2001 ||When the World Stopped Turning|| Part 2

As the World Meeting was still going underway, not knowing that I was trapped underneath the rubble in the North Tower. Out of nowhere Alfred had this feeling that something was terribly wrong. An uneasy feeling in the back of his mind was bugging him.

"Something doesn't feel right!"

Alfred started to look around at everyone. Their voices started to become like buzzing sounds in his ears when the cell phone in his pocket started to vibrate. Taking it out of his pocket he saw that it was his boss calling him, the President. When he put the phone to his ear and heard what his boss had to say a wave of panic swallowed him up.

"Ludwig, turn on the big screen! Something has happened in my country!"

Ludwig turned on the big screen to see the North Tower in New York up in smoke. News casters were informing that a plane had crashed into the North Tower. As Everyone watched in horror as a second plane crashed into the South Tower. Gasps echoed through the meeting room as they looked back and forth from the big screen and Alfred.

"This can't be happening right now! Not with Emily in New York!"

"I'm sure she's alright Alfred---" Arthur started to say but was suddenly interrupted.

"No! You all don't understand! Emily is at the North Tower for that meeting she's going to for me!"

The entire room fell silent was they all continued to watch the burning buildings. It was then that news of a third plane had crashed into the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia at 9: 37 and that a fourth had crash in a field in Pennsylvania at 10:07, it was now almost 11:00 by the Alfred had learned about any of this.

"Emily..."

I was starting to come to after falling unconsciousness. My head was resting on something a lot softer then what it was laying on before. Looking up I saw York, with the right side of his face all bloody.

"Y-York...?"

"Be still Emily. I was able to remove the metal rod from your leg and wrap it up with a piece of my shirt. You woke up from the pain but then went back to sleep. We just have to what for someone to find us."

Although the metal rod was now removed from my leg, I could still feel the pain going up through it. I had to talk to Alfred. I just had to somehow get a hold of him.

"York...my phone is in my left side. Can you get it for me, please?"

York carefully reached over and grabbed my cell phone from the pocket I had in my dress.

"Who are you going to call?"

"A-Alfred. I didn't call him this morning and I hung up on him last night. I feel as though I might have made him feel bad. I need to let him know that I somewhat alright."

I weakly called Alfred's phone. Putting it on speaker to make it easier to talk. The line started to ring and after the first ring I heard Alfred's frantic voice on the phone.

"Emily!?"

"Alfred. I'm guessing you've heard about what's going on?"

"Yes! But are you alright?"

"Well, define alright. I'm beaten pretty bad and York is with me right now and he's banged up pretty bad too."

"York!"

"Yes, Mr. Alfred sir?"

"Tell me the truth. Is she alright?"

"She had a metal rod going through her leg, but I was able to remove it a bandage it up the best I could with what I had. Right now, I'm having her rest and wait for help to find us."

"You keep her safe until I'm able to get there York. Do what you have to."

"Yes sir!"

Before the Alfred received the call from York and, Alfred frantically look at the big screen at what was happening to his country. The country of Freedom was under attack and as he was trying to figure out how he was going to get back When the South Tower started to collapse. At first, a portion of the tower above the crash zone began to tilt to the southeast, while the first explosions of dust began at the crash zone. Then, at about 2.5 seconds the top began to fall, and its rotation decelerated. At about the 6.5-second mark, the top was completely swallowed up by the huge growing dust cloud. The North Tower was still standing but it was only a matter of time before it collapse as well.

"We need to pick up the rest of this meeting some other time. My country needs a hero."

Before waking up and making the call to my brother, York was doing all he could to protect me. He heard the collapsing of the South Tower. Protecting me from any falling debris every time there was a shift in the building. When the North Tower finally collapsed at 10:28 time seemed to stop. The hours of that day went by so slow. Hearing moans and crying echoing through the building. York protected me the best he could but just how long could he keep it up before his own injury takes affect?