Chapter Fourteen: September 11th, 2002 ||One Year Later|| Final Chapter

It is now only a few days before the one year anniversary since that horrific day. Alfred was overseas, fight for his beloved county while I stayed behind because of her injury. I'll never be able to fight side by side with my brother on the battle field. All I can do was pray for his safety and hope that returns to me.

Throughout the last year, I watched has the people of my dear country started turning on each other. Some saying we shouldn't be over in Afghanistan. Tired of My country being at war with each other I knew I had to do something to control of the chaos that was ruining my country. I decides to head back to Ground Zero. Where the darkest day in America history had happened. I quickly called up York to ask him for a favor.

"Hey, York..."

"Emily!? How have you been? Are you feeling alright?"

"I've been doing well. The leg still hurts once in a while. But besides that, I'm doing alright."

"... Emily, you don't sound like you're alright. What's wrong?"

"I need you to do me a favor York..."

One the day of the one year anniversary was finally here. I was making my way to New York for a press conference with the media. This time, I won't be arriving by plane, but by train instead. Since that day, I have had a slight fear of flying. As I sat on the train, waiting to arrive in New York, I felt myself getting a little tired. I would often have troubles sleeping since that day. Nightmares of the towers falling down on top of me and York. The terror of not being found and dying under the rubble that so many others didn't make it out from under.

When I dozed off to sleep, the nightmares came rushing in. I could hear the roar of the engines from the planes before they crashed into the towers. The shacking vibration of the tower shacking all around me. The feeling of York grabbing a hold of my wrist to pull me out of the room just as the plane crashed into the side of the tower. The feeling of falling and then the stinging pain in my leg.

The train suddenly jerked, waking me from my nightmare. Cold beads of sweat streamed down my face. The voice of the train conductor was nothing more than an annoying buzzing in my head. I stepped off the train and onto the platform, where right away I saw York waiting for me. As the sun hit York's face the clarity of the scar that covered the left side of his face came into view. The sudden overwhelming of guilt washed over me. York won't ever have the full use of his left eye anymore. I felt bad about what had happened. I was because he was trying to protect me.

I suddenly felt myself wrapped up in a hug which snapped me out of my depressing mood. Without even realizing that he had rushed up to me. I wrapped my arms around York. I was happy to see him too after a year. Yes, a year. I haven't been back to New York since this day a year ago.

"Emily! I'm so glad to see you! You look great! We should get something to eat before the conference! Where would you like to go!?" York was acting so happy. Even after all that happened.

"Y-York... how can you act so happy?! How can you be so carefree after what happened here only a year ago?! I just understand! Being back here, I feel so guilty that I couldn't do anything when me people ended me the most!"

My suddenly outburst really surprised York. All my anxiety about coming back to the place I failed as one of the leaders to my country suddenly poured out. Tears started to suddenly spew out from my eyes. I'm not the type to cry in front of people, but for some reason I couldn't help but cry. York once again wrapped me up in his arms tears were still spilling down my face as I tightly wrapped my arms around him as well.