Elliott

On Monday Joey was suspended, plus she was at her mom's house so I wouldn't see her until Wednesday.  It was awful.  As I made my way to my locker before school I came across the two douchebags who had been making fun of Joey on Thursday.  Chad and Mac.  Even their names reeked of DB.

I walked right up to them and they looked nervous.

"Don't ever talk to Joey that way again," I told them, staring them down.  They looked between each other.

"Sorry, dude," Chad told me.

I stared them down for another few moments, then walked away.  I don't think they'd try anything again.

I trudged through my day.  My grades had improved a little bit, thanks to Joey.  She was tutoring me a lot in algebra and helping me with my English assignments.  I was terrible at writing papers, but it seemed to come naturally to her.

Lin told me that Joey's mother had taken her cell phone yesterday so now we didn't even have that.  I was pathetically lonely.  Mom was going to be out late, so after school I decided to take a chance and go to Joey's mom's house.  She lived on the Upper West Side near 103rd.  I knocked on the door, hoping her mom wasn't home.  From what Joey said, her mom worked pretty crazy hours.

The door opened and Joey's face lit up.  "Elliott!"

I stepped in and we hugged as I laughed.  I loved surprising her.  We started kissing and it soon became heated.

"We're alone I assume," I said softly as I broke the kiss.  She nodded and started kissing me again, leading me over to the couch.  Each time we made out, we went a little bit farther.  Just baby steps.  Last time when I tried to take off her bra she stopped me, but this time she reached back herself and undid the clasp.  I'd had some experience with girls, but cupping her in my hands was the best thing ever.  She moaned as I touched her.

Our bodies were responding, but I knew we couldn't go much farther.  We were already breaking the rules by being alone together.

"You're so beautiful," I told her as our kissing died down.  We laid on the couch just holding each other.  At some point we both fell asleep.

I awoke to my phone buzzing.  I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was now 7:00.  It was Mom calling.

"Shit!" I said, standing up quickly.  Joey sat up and fixed her clothing as I debated whether to answer the call or not.  "Should I answer it or not?"

Knowing my mom, I already knew the answer to that.  She was a worrier.  If I let it go to voicemail she'd think I'd been kidnapped or murdered.

"Sorry, Mom," I answered, brushing at my hair with my hand.  "I lost track of time."

"Where have you been?" she asked.

"Uhhh...the library?" I said unconvincingly.

"Really?" she asked.  That was a terrible alibi.  I never went to the library.

I didn't answer, just waiting for her to lecture me. 

"Get home now," she told me.  "We're about to eat dinner.  I'll save your plate."

"Okay.  See you soon.  Sorry," I told her, and hung up.  Joey walked me to the door and she gave me a goodbye kiss.  I would see her in two long days.

I hopped on the subway and rode it back up to Washington Heights.  When I walked in the door, everyone was finishing up dinner.  The little kids were being wiped down and Lin was starting the dishes.

"Finally," Mom said as Jack squirmed under the washcloth she had at his face.  "Elliott, you have to check in with us.  I was worried."

"Sorry," I said again, wandering over to the microwave.  I opened it and found my dinner.  I set the timer for one minute and grabbed a Vitamin Water from the fridge.  Mom took the little kids for a bath as Lin continued with the dishes.