Chapter 7

Delirious' Pov

I don't know what time it is, but all I know right now, is that I really want to fucking sleep. I ran out of pills again, and what was even worse was the fact that I don't know what the pills were called.

I stole them off a junkie I killed about a month ago, were the prescription drugs? I don't know, but I need to get my hands on some more of them.

Minuet after minuet I felt my body begin to slump. My ears started ringing and my head started pounding. I closed my eyes bring my hands to my face. Suddenly I felt like something was on my hands.

I glanced down seeing something move beneath the skin of my left hand. I slapped my right hand over it, but it was quick and moved. I tried again, this time finally getting it, only to see it going up my upper arm.

I took my right hand away now seeing two things moving beneath my skin. Suddenly more and more. The creatures crawled beneath my tattooed stomach, going up to my shoulders and down to my fingertips. I scratched and gnawed at my skin in attempt to make whatever they were stop moving.

I was beyond frustrated. I grabbed my knife and stabbed down on my hand letting out a roar of pain. Blood now seeped out of my hand, the moving creatures, spiders, crawled out of the  wound, hundreds, thousands of them.

The spiders scattered throughout the room, some going beneath the floorboards, others climbing up the wall and on the ceiling above me, several taking shelter under my bed. The walls were black, I could hear their little legs scampering around, it got louder and louder.

"Delirious" I could hear a faint shout. I was confused. I could feel something else on my skin. Suddenly I felt even more nauseous than before.

"Delirious" I felt a warm touch to my skin. I slapped at it and suddenly I was back staring at a plain white wall, with the picture of New York on it. There was no more spiders beneath my skin or on the walls.

I glanced up seeing Vanoss stare at me with worried eyes.

"what?" I questioned. He nodded down to my hand. I glanced down seeing blood had soaked through the sweatpants I was given. The once white sheets were now a faded crimson red.

"oh, sorry" I apologised. I didn't mean to bleed all over the place.

"don't worry about it, follow me" Vanoss ordered. His going to kill me, I caused him too much trouble. His going to slit my throat like I did all those other people.

Vanoss' Pov

I walked in to see Delirious staring at the walls around him. He was oblivious to my presence, at one point he even stared directly into my eyes but his head quickly moved to his bleeding hand. He watched the blood pour out, tilting his head.

After finally grabbing his attention, he looked up at me like nothing was wrong. After seeing his hand he apologised profoundly. All I could do was lead him to the medic's bay.

He sat on the bed as I gather a needle and thread as well as a sterile wipe and bandage. Getting him to sit still was a difficult task. He would squirm unintentionally and I was beginning to wonder if he knew he was moving.

After much struggle I had finally got his wound dressed. I looked up and saw him staring at a wall once again. His leg was continuously bouncing up and down and his fingers repeatedly interlocked.

"Delirious" I called snapping my fingers in front of him.

"hmh?" he hummed dragging his attention away from the wall. Those bright sea blue eyes stared at me, and I swear I lost my breath for a second. I shook myself out of my weird thoughts.