Element XXIII

Rubbing my forehead, I was exhausted. We have been looking for two days for Helen and we still haven't found her. Statistics say the first 48 hours are the most crucial and we are about to hit the 49-hour mark.

Dropping into my desk chair, it was one in the morning and my pack warriors just got back from another search. My fear is that if we didn't find anything tonight, the likely scenario is that Helen is dead and there is not much hope for her anymore. I would hate to have to tell Alora but there is nothing more we can do.

Since becoming alpha, I have been running non-stop. So far, a human discovered our secret and went missing and there has been more and more news of decreased rouge activity across the nation. I know this doesn't sound like bad news but if the rouges are gathering together to form a pack with the dark knight than we should all be concerned.

Dropping my hand, I ruffled through the papers displayed across my desk. After my father's scouting trip, we had no time to discuss anything they found. He typed up a report for our elders to discuss but with the incident at the party, there has been no time to meet.

Grabbing the report off the stack of other reports I have yet to go through, I leaned back in my chair and took to reading it.

Scouting trip

August 7

Sr. Alpha Young <retired>

Daniel P., Eric D., Heather G., and I, Alpha Young left Whenhachatu Pack on August 4, 2014 in search of evidence against the reports of recent rouge inactivity in the area. Red Moon pack, Clearwater Pack, Thorne Pack, and Sun Dusk Pack have increased reports of Rouge Wolves crossing their territories. It was apparent to all packs that the rouges were not in fact interested in stopping inside pack territory but rather were seen headed south. In all cases, more than one incident of rouge trespassing has been reported with no indication of hostility or interest from the rouges. The warriors and I headed south to the Red Moon pack in hopes of watching one of the incidents take place.

Upon arrival, we were met with strict patrols that lead us to the alpha. After two days of no activity, one of the patrols came across a group of three rouges headed south along the pack boarder. We tried to intercept the lone wolves but were too late. With the help of two trackers from the Red Moon pack, we followed the fresh trail of the rouges to what appears to be a rouge pack situated inside West Virginia.

We watched the rouges for a day to study movement patterns. The camp consisted of 15 rouges of mixed gender type. It was apparent that there was no leader however; select few were in charge of moving the pack along. It was clear they had no intentions of moving soon. We must find out what is their next move.

It is of my opinion that we must invade the camp and figure out what is the Dark Knight's next step. We are not guaranteed an opportunity to act within the distance future. We must strike now, as swiftly as possible.

Setting the report down, my worst fears were confirmed. The rouges are gathering for something big. Setting my elbows on the desk and rubbing my hands through my hair, I needed to meet with the elders first thing in the morning and develop a plan. My father was right, we needed to know their next move or else we would be the ones to suffer.

. . . . .

"We cannot exhaust our resources on a scouting trip. We do not have the resources to waste!"

Letting out a sigh, the pack elders and I have been meeting for the past hour to discuss what to do about the rouge camp. I only slept a wink last night and I couldn't take much more arguing.

Looking up at the men that surrounded me, there were a total of seven elders within the room. Four men were simply pack elders because they were the oldest within the pack. The other three consisted of my grandfather's beta, my father, and Alora's father.