Element VII

VII.

The days following our shopping trip seemed to pass by suprisingly quickly. It was finally the day of my 16th birthday and the night before Alora informed me that during the day me and her would be doing something together before celebrating that night. Knowing this, I actually slept really well and I found myself awake the next morning at about nine.

I quickly jumped out of bed and headed for the shower choosing to take my time considering it was my birthday. I eventually settled on a cute pair of mint green shorts and a light coral pink lace shirt. With just a dash of mascara and some light eyeliner, I decided I looked good and headed for the stairs.

As soon as my feet hit the last step, the most delicious smell surrounded me and my stomach grumbled at the exact moment I stepped into the kitchen.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" 

Laughing, before me sat a feast with all my family wearing birthday hats and streamers everywhere.

"You guys didn't have to do this for me!" I said completely surprised.

"Of course we did. A girl only turns sixteen once if you know what I mean." My cousin winked while giving me a mischevious smirk.

"Wait, I don't actually know what you mean." I said confused while starring at her grin.

"Oh you will." My cousin said at the same moment my aunt chose to speak.

"Alora, stop that. She doesn't know what you mean so drop it." 

Clearly there was an unspoken conversation going on between the two and the tension seemed to have grown thicker within seconds. Hopeing to calm things down, my uncle quickly spoke up.

"Well Helen, happy birthday and for your birthday we have prepared stuffed strawberry french toast with nutella drizzled on top, bacon, and freshly squeezed orange juice to top it off. So dig in!"

"Wow, I am truly impressed. Thank you so much guys. It really means a lot." I said all the wile pilling food on my plate. 

"No problem so you better eat up. I have a fun day planned and it all starts at 10:30 so hurry up and eat." Alora said while bouncing on the balls of her feet with excitement.

"Okay miss bossy." Laughing, I quickly bit into the french toast and nearly fell off the chair it was that good. 

"So what do you have planned for us today?" I asked while shoveling another huge bite into my mouth.

"I can't tell you because it is all a suprise but trust me it will be fun." 

After breakfast I quickly ran upstairs and grabbed my shoes and phone and me and Alora were off. She insisted on blindfolding me all the while assuring me that it would make the day much more exciting not knowing where we were going. Seeing as I had no say in the matter, I quickly gave in and currently found myslef sitting in the passenger seat, blind as a bat.

"Are we almost there? This thing is getting hot and uncomfortable." 

"Hey dont mess with that." Alora said while slapping my hand away from the blind fold. "We will be there in literally like 30 seconds okay?"

"Okay fine but as soon as this car parks, I am ripping this thing off."

"Well start ripping, we are here."

As Alora put the car in park I quickly did away with the blind fold and looked up to see us at a hair and nail shop.

"A salon? You took me to a salon?"

"Yes I took you to a salon. i figured we would do the boring things first, like get our nails done, then the fun later on. Is that okay with you?"

"Yes it's okay with me. I've just never had my nails done before."

"Well believe me, it's a lot better then it sounds"

An hour later we were walking out with both our hands and toes painted and our stomachs growling. 

"Next we will get lunch then we will head to our next activity. Sound good?"

Grabbing my stomach as it let loose another rumble I quickly shook my head and got in the car. Lunch turned out to be really good and it was nice just sitting with Alora and talk about silly things. To be honest, I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life.

After lunch the blind fold was put back on and we were off again.

                                                      .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

"We're here!" Shouted Alora as she threw the car in park.

"Finally!" Taking off the blindfold and stepping out of the car and quickly looked around, I realized just where we were.

"Laser Tag!!! You took my to laser tag?!?" With wide eyes I looked over at Alora with the biggest grin on my face.

"I knew you would love it! I couldnt think of anything more fun to do then laser tag. I thought we could play for a while then hang out in the arcade and head home if you want."

"That sounds perfect!! I don't think today could get any better then this!" 

"Oh you just wait until tonight after dinner. Things are about to change for the better after today." 

Confused I quickly looked over at her only to see a michevious glint on her face.

"What do you mean things are about to change?"

"I can't tell you but soon enough you will find out. Lets go in and have some fun!" With that, she grabbed my hand and lead me in. We ended playing about 5 games of laser tag before calling it quits and heading to the arcade. At around 5 we headed home and had a beautiful dinner with the family.

After dinner was cleared and the candles were blown out and the cake was devoured. I decided it was time for bed. I was absolutely exhausted and knew I needed the rest if I wanted to be able to function tomorrow. However, little did I know that rest was not was awaiting me tonight of all nights. 

                             *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   

Authors Note:

What do you guys think is about to happen?!? Leave a comment and share your ideas. Sorry to leave it at a cliff hanger but I have a feeling you guys will enjoy the next chapter.

I am so sorry for not updating until now. I just got home from the UK and jet lag is my enemy but I promised to upload soon so I did. I hope you guys liked it!

Now pay close attention to this next part.

I WILL BE UPLOADING AGAIN IN A COUPLE OF HOURS!!! 

I feel horrible for making you all wait for so long so I will be putting another one up today and probably tomorrow.

LAST THING!!!!

Please please comment and vote guys. I have no idea if any of you like it so a little bit of feed back will truly help. Please follow me and if you guys have a story up as well, share it with me bacuse I would love to read them. Thank you for being so awesome and keep an eye out for the next chapter :)

COMMENT* VOTE** FAN***