Element XXXII

"You know, you can't avoid him forever Alora!"

Suppressing a growl, I rolled my eyes as I headed out the back door of the pack house.

Alpha Darnell was kind enough to let us stay longer to look for Helen but our days here we're numbered and tomorrow we would be forced to return home.

"Not now Michael. I have better things to do." Stomping towards the forest, I have been avoiding everyone since "the incident."

By incident, I clearly mean my mate.

Weeks ago, I would have been thrilled to find my mate and fall in love but I guess things change and so do people.

"Come on Alora, you can't really be this stubborn can you?"

Turning around to face Michael, he ran smack into me not realizing I stopped.

"I can be as stubborn as I want! I don't not wish to see that man and I do not wish to discuss this any further. Now, Leave. Me. Alone!" Tightening my fist, I clenched my jaw and stared Michael down.

Running his hand threw his hair, he let out a deep sigh and placed his hands on his hips.

"Listen, I clearly don't understand what's going on with you but you can't keep ignoring him. He's been asking a lot of questions that none of us know the answer to. Your the only one that could help."

Looking away, I knew what he was saying made sense, however, I didn't want to listen to him.

"Please Michael, I don't want to see him right now. We have to find Helen first and this is just too much to deal with." Throwing my hands up in the air, I folded my legs and sat down on the grass. Picking at it, I began to tear the blades apart.

Without looking up, I heard Michael sit down in front of me.

"You know, I bet Helen would want you to go talk to him."

Looking up, I saw a small smirk on his face. I just wasn't in the mood to deal with this.

"Maybe he might be able to give you some information about where Helen is? Maybe he heard something or saw something that might be of some use. Just go see him Alora. It couldn't hurt."

Laying back on the grass, I stared up at the sky contemplating what Michael said.

"Okay fine. I'll go see him. But I'll go when I want and I don't want you to come with me. It's bad enough everyone knows he's my mate, the last thing I need to do is make a fool of myself."

Watching the clouds float by, I waited for Michael to say something.

"That's all I ask. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go round up some trackers and go look for my sister."

Sitting up, I watched him stand and walk away.

I wanted to go with him, I wanted to say something that would help, but I had nothing.

We searched everywhere for her. All we needed was a sign that she might be alive and surviving, but there was nothing.

Laying back down on the grass, I let the wind pull my hair across my face.