Element XV

To be honest, as soon as I closed my eyes I realized I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. 

Sitting in the clearing, nearly five minutes passed before I opened one eye and saw Julian sitting right in front of me starring. 

"This is a waste of time. Nothing is happening." Looking at Julian, I could tell he was slightly annoyed.

"That's because you are not trying hard enough." 

"Trying hard enough? What exactly am I suppose to be trying." Throwing up my hands, I was officially frustrated. 

"You need to find your power." Pressing his hand against my chest, I knew I should give it one last shot.

"Close your eyes again Helen..."

Doing as he said, I shut my eyes again. "Now, take a deep breath and think, think of your wolf, think of Rebecca."

Concentrating, I did as he said. I thought back to the fist time I shifted, the first time I saw myself. I thought about the first time I learned who I really was...

Feeling an overwhelming surge of strength, I spoke out. "I feel something."

"Good! Now I want you to channel that strength here." Tapping my chest again, I did what he said. Imagining my power as a river, I felt it within me until it reached the center of my chest.

"Okay I did it." Keeping my eyes shut, I waited for his next instructions.

"Now, all is left up to Rebecca..."

Not understanding what he meant, I concentrated on centering my energy in my chest when all of a sudden I felt a release. 

The feeling was indescribable. It felt like I was falling and floating all at the same time. I found myself plunged into complete darkness and there was no escaping it. 

Wind was rushing past me and I suddenly landed on something extremely hard. Opening my eyes, I was in a forest and Julian was nowhere to be found. 

Standing up, I brushed myself off and looked around. 

The forest I was in looked just like the one surrounding my aunt and uncle's house except something was different. Making a complete circle, I looked around realizing I had no idea what to do next.

Right when I was about to throw up my hand in utter surrender, a scream pierced the night and it chilled me to the bone.

'Rebecca, what was that?' Scared, I was frozen to my spot and didn't know what to do.

'Rebecca...?

She wasn't answering. She always answered.

Trying not to panic, I knew there had to be a reasonable explanation for this. I just need to cam down and try again…

Taking a deep breath, I was about to call out to Rebecca again, when the scream rang out through the night again.

Hearing it the second time, I realized that this wasn’t a normal scream, it was one filled with pain.

Knowing I couldn’t just stand around thinking some one was out there hurt, I took off in the direction I heard the girl scream and ran.