Element XIV

The rest of the day was boring to say the least and I nearly lost my battle to exhaustion during math class. When the final bell rang, I couldn't describe the relief I felt knowing I could finally go home. 

Quickly throwing my chemistry books into my bag, I grabbed my stuff and was out the door. I tried my best to avoid anyone I recognized including Brittanie and Derek. 

No, it was not because I didn't like them or anything, I was simply too tired to even talk to anyone let alone have a conversation with someone I knew. 

As I rounded the corner of the last hall, I saw the front doors of the school and I quickly picked up my pace. As I was about to speed through them and down the stairs, I heard my name called and knew I wouldn't get away that fast. 

Stopping short on the second step, I turned around to see Kelcy sauntering towards me with her lackeys trailing behind. She came to a stop on the first step so I was forced to look up at her.

"What do you want Kelcy?" I asked rolling my eyes in the process.

"I wanted to see how your nose was doing today." She said tilting her head as if I was a sad animal. "I see no damage was done. I guess you were faking it the whole time." She chuckled and her minions followed her lead.

"How can I fake blood? You know you slammed that ball into my face for no reason." I could feel my fist begin to clench with anger. There was nothing I hated more than someone insinuating that I was a liar.

"I would like to see you prove it. Anyways, I heard you were going to Zayne's party this Friday." She said while she began to twirl her hair around her finger.

"Who?" I asked having no idea what she was talking about. 

"Oh right, I forgot you're new. The boss' son's party, is it true that you’re going?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I still wasn't sure if I even wanted to go. Opening my mouth to speak, I was interrupted by another instead.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Looking to my left, Alora was standing next to me with her arms crossed over her chest starring daggers at Kelcy. For a second, I thought I saw her eyes flicker to black before returning to blue. 

"Oh, I was just telling your sweet cousin here how excited I am that she will be at Zayne's party this Friday. You know how much I love to socialize with those beneath me. Hey, maybe your dad can get her a job as the help. God knows she can use the money judging from the clothes she’s wearing" Flicking her hair she let out a small chuckle and crossed her arms.

"The only help you are going to need is medical help if I see you so much as glance at Helen again. Got it?" Alora said stepping right up into Kelcy's face. "And remember this Kelcy, as the school slut, it's your job to be beneath others. Isn't that right?" Smirking, Alora starred straight into Kelcy's eyes refusing to look away first

Immediately Kelcy's face turned red. There was no mistaking it this time, Kelcy was pissed. To say I was stunned was an understatement. I'm pretty sure someone was going to have to pick my jaw up off the ground. I have never seen someone have my back like that before let alone call someone a slut to his or her face. My cousin was awesome! 

"Are you ready to defend that statement bitch?" Kelcy said taking a step even closer to Alora. Things were quickly getting out of hand and I didn't know what to do.

"If the other day didn't prove anything to you than you know I am."  Not understanding what Alora meant by that, it was apparent neither girl was going to back off first. I knew I had to stop this and before I could get one word in otherwise, someone beat me to it.