chapter 34

"You ready?" The Australian asked, smiling softly as Reese approached him. She sighed shakily and nodded her head, not saying a thing. "I know you're nervous. It's okay. I promise my parents aren't bad." He caressed the back of her hand softly as he attempted to comfort her. They made their way toward Mitchel's car in silence.

Mitchel and Reese have been together for nearly a month. Luckily for the couple, things have been going smoothly throughout their relationship. Mitchel wanted to keep his relationship with Reese a secret from his parents (temporarily, of course) but he couldn't keep it up any longer. The rest of the band already knew of it, though. While everyone was thrilled, Clinton was not, as Reese expected. The braided boy expected his older brother to go and tell his mother, but luckily for him, he kept quiet. Either Clinton chose not to say a thing, or he just chose to forget about it.

They were headed to the airport to go pick up Biddi and Brian since Mitchel's birthday was coming up in a few days. Of course, with this in mind, Mitchel had the idea of introducing Reese and telling them that they were together. At first, the small girl was extremely hesitant, worried that they wouldn't like her as their son's girlfriend. However, with some convincing, she gave in.

Reese stared out the window, the sun shining brightly into the vehicle. The ride was mostly quiet with only music playing in the background from the car radio. Mitchel glanced at his girlfriend from time to time, feeling his heart drop every time.

"You okay?" He asked softly, putting his hand on her leg. Reese softly turned her head and looked at where his hand was. Her eyes traveled up to look at Mitchel's face and they made eye contact. She nodded, a soft smile forming on her lips in attempt to reassure him.

"Yeah," she replied quietly. "Just thinking, that's all."

"What's on your mind?" The braided boy asked, turning his eyes to focus on the road.

"Your parents," the brunette sighed. "But it's okay. I'll be fine. I'll get over this soon."

"Well, what about them?"

Reese stayed quiet for a few seconds before letting out a breath. "What if they won't like me? Like what if they'd prefer someone else being with you rather than me?"

"Reese," Mitchel chuckled sadly, feeling bad for her. "It's going to be okay. They're not going to prefer anyone to be with me than you. I promise. And, you're right, they won't like you," Reese turned her head to look at him and felt her heart drop hearing those words. "They'll love you."

The small girl looked down at her legs and thought for a moment, feeling her body relax. She began to realize that she was thinking too much.

"I'm sorry," she said. "Just a moment of doubt."

"Don't worry," he smiled, taking a quick glance at her. "Besides, I was the same way meeting your parents, remember? Just put on a brave face and be yourself. It's going to be alright."

The small girl nodded her head and smiled, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves. She told herself to put on a brave face and be herself repeatedly, just the way Mitchel told her. Her heart began to slow down and go back to its regular pace.

Reese remembered that she had to tell her parents about them being together. She quietly whispered an "oh fuck," once the thought hit her. Mitchel glanced at her once more and she caught it.

"I forgot that we have to tell my parents, too," she explained. The braided boy laughed softly. "How are you so calm?"

"Because when you're with me," he paused. "I know it'll be fine." The brunette felt her cheeks heat up. She was still not exactly used to being in a relationship, or even have anyone say sweet words to her as often. Mitchel knew this and respected her decision to take it slow. Of course, she didn't mind the things he said and she was happy things were going well.