chapter 25

The boys walked into the building, immediately heading toward the front desk. They were at the headquarters of their label for their scheduled meeting. Immediately, the lady who sat at the desk looked up, smiling widely at them.

"Meeting?" She asked, already aware of what was going on. She's seen the boys come in for meetings a lot for several years, so it was safe for her to assume it. They all nodded at her and she began typing away into the computer. As soon as she hit enter, she nodded at them to signal that they were free to go. The boys thanked her as they headed toward the direction of the meeting hall.

Once they entered, there were a few people seated at the long, brown, oval table. They became the center of attention when they came into sight.

"Ah, my favorite boys," a woman smiled, rising to her feet. Quickly, the boys shuffled over toward them, taking a seat on the vacant spots. "Glad you can make it."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," Jesse said, smiling. The rest of the people laughed softly as well as the guys.

"Well, now that we're all here," one of the men in fancy black suits said, his voice deep. "I think it's time we get started." With that being said, the meeting began as it was dragged out throughout the afternoon.

***

"And that concludes the meeting," one of the men said, smiling. "We hope you continue to grow with the label."

"We'll do our best," Mitchel nodded as he smiled softly. As everyone said their goodbyes, the guys exited the room. Each of them let out a soft breath.

"Thank God that's over with," Christian sighed as he rolled his eyes. The others nodded in agreement, all knowing what the other was thinking. They all hated meetings with a passion, but they tried their best to look as interested as possible. Even if they disliked sitting in a room for over an hour with nonstop talking going on, they still managed to take in the information they were given.

"You guys wanna go eat?" Clinton asked, playing with the keys in his hand. The other boys looked at each other before nodding. Soon enough, they all began to make their way outside of the building and piled into the car.

As they drove to a restaurant around town, Clinton blasted some songs on the radio. The car ride had some conversation going on, but for the most part, there was silence. They were all too occupied with their phones.

Mitchel was staring out of the window, leaning his head against it as he zoned out. He felt exhausted after the meeting, and all he wanted to do was go home, drink a little bit of beer, and knock out. However, he couldn't pass up the chance to get food. As he lost himself in his thoughts, the guys began to talk to each other. All Mitchel could hear was them talking, not the actual words leaving their mouths.

"Mitty," Jesse said, not catching Mitchel's attention immediately. "Mitchel. Earth to fucking Mitchel!" He added as he raised his voice. The braided boy turned around and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?"

"You good?" The drummer asked, concern laced in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" Mitchel asked in return.

"You just look so... tired," he shrugged once he found the word he was looking for.

The braided boy let out a soft chuckle. "Well, I am." He turned his attention away from Jesse once more, silence lingering throughout the car as they drove to a restaurant.