9

The flight landed at the airport and the two family's departed and picked up their bags. Chandler had come to pick Bindi up and take her out as soon as they arrived because he had missed her. The others piled into the family car with Terri driving and Aria sitting shotgun. Robert and Melody sat together in the back seats and Melody casually fell asleep on Roberts lap on the long drive home.

Arriving home, the families planned on collapsing in the Irwin household as the guest rooms were always prepared for the Stevens because Melody slept in their most of the time anyway. As Terri and Aria took the bags inside, Robert had the far more dangerous, life-threatening and tiring job of trying to wake up Melody. As much as he tried she was dead set on not moving. He finally gave up and resorted to piggy packing her into the house, up the stairs and into her room. She clung to his back like a koala and he later her down onto the bed and tucked her in. She grabbed onto his arm and hugged it tight, refusing to let go. He shook it a little trying to remove it from her death grip but that didn't work out as she clung on tighter.

He sighed and resorted to sitting next to her bed his arm still in her hold as he leant his head against the side table next to her bed.
He checked his watch on his other arm and winced at how late it was. He got comfortable or as comfortable as one could get on the floor, with one arm in a death grip and leaning against a wooden dresser. Hopefully she would relax her grip soon enough. Soon he found himself drifting off slowly as she refused to let go.