1

*Beep**Beep**Beep**Beep**Beep*
SLAM
Ugh... I hate mornings.
I pat around on my side table for my glasses and pulled them on.
Now that I could see somewhat clearly I checked the time on my alarm clock and sighed.
"I guess I should start the day", I mumbled to myself.
I kicked the blanket off my legs and rolled my feet on to the carpet below. I got up and stretched, wincing as I heard my arms crack.
I sighed again and dragged my now cold feet to the hall bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before replacing my glasses with my contacts. I wear contacts cos wearing glasses around giant cats that love pawing and playing with you is not a good idea.

Now that I was happier and more alert I went and changed into a pair of black leggings and my work shirt.

I hopped on my bike and cycled to the zoo next door and straight to the Irwin's house in the middle of the zoo

I hopped on my bike and cycled to the zoo next door and straight to the Irwin's house in the middle of the zoo. I greeted my mum on the way as she was touring a couple of 4th graders.
I smiled to myself as I heard some of them whisper:
'Woah that's so cool, is that Melody Stephens, I hope we get to see Robert and Bindi as well.'
'Bindi is my idol'
'Nah Robert is so cool', I heard a little boy whisper.
'Melody is the best, you peasants'
I laughed a little at the last one.

When I reached the Irwin household I parked my bike to the side and walked in without knocking. I stepped inside and found Robert hopping around on one foot trying to find his other boot before joining bindi at the breakfast table. I walked into the kitchen and poured myself some juice and sat down with them at the dining table.
'G'morning mel', bindi exclaimed happily.
'It's too early to be happy'
' Mel is right, sis tone down your happiness, it hurts my brain'
'Where r u guys going today?', I asked.
'I'm supposed to be helping with the tigers', Robert said.
'Me too, like always'
'I'm at the aviary', Bindi smiles.
' cool, I gotta go now, my shift starts soon, Rob u coming'
'Yea gimme a sec Mel'
He got up and put his and Bindi's plates in the sink before grabbing his buggy keys and walking out of the door.

'Ok then, let's go', I said slightly happier.

What you guys don't know is that I love the tigers, in fact, I loved all of the big cats here. The tigers here at the zoo mostly only listen to me except for feeding times. I grew very attached to them so I was assigned to take care of them. I named them Lord and Lady. They're the most beautiful little things, well, maybe not so little but you catch my drift. We arrived at the enclosure and I jumped out of the buggy with Robert smiling at my enthusiasm. I scanned my zoo pass at the staff entrance and walked into the enclosure. I spread my arms wide open as two giant beautiful felines pounced on me eliciting screams and gasps from outside the enclosure which died down as the tigers purred happily and got off me.

I giggled and spent the rest of my time playing with the two beauties and finally, as the two fell asleep on a perched rock, I had dozed off too next to the happy couple enjoying the sun