7

"Actually, Melody will be holding the spider", he remarked cheerfully.

I gave him the most murderous glare I could muster and he shrunk in his seat just a little bit.

"Man she doesn't seem too happy about that, I'm more scared of her right now than I am of that spider," Hart cut in.

Fallon then decided to add, " Kevin, I think Robert is more scared of her right now then we are, look at that, she's already gotten him wrapped around her little finger."

"Fine!" I grinned, a slightly creepy overly-large grin.

Robert sunk back into his chair even further, regretting all his decisions as if his life was flashing before his eyes.

I marched right up to my cowering best friend and swiftly took Big Red from his hand and let him sit on m shoulder. This somehow seemed to make Hart even more jittery, " I thought you said, she didn't like spiders. What you lie to me for?" he accused Rob.

I smiled a toothy grin and told him that he had gotten it all wrong, "I hate these little buggers, they creep me out but I'm not scared of them,I've grown up with them all around me and as a zoo-keeper, I've had to feed them too and take care of them. Do you want to hold him?" I address the last question to Jimmy who seemed particularly interested in the creepy crawly. I slowly took Red off of my shoulder where it was crawling own my arm and put him in Jimmy's hand. But I drew myself away straight away and told him to try not to breathe on him too much. This served to freak Fallon out and Hart to almost fall down laughing as he tried to coax the spider to attack the host. I giggle d but when the spider started to get fidgety, I quickly nudged Rob and told him to take the spider. Finally, the spider was put away and it was time for my personal favourite animal.

*Robert Pov*

" The next animal is Melody's personal favourite, unfortunately, the parents weren't able to come because they were too big to travel overseas so we brought the cubs instead. Melody actually named the parents Lord and Lady while the cubs were named Earl and Countess. They truly are the most regal species there is, please welcome our Sumatran tiger cubs. Melody squealed and ran to get Earl and Countess. Hart looked absolutely terrified.

"I don't get this girl, she finds spiders creepy but has no problem playing with fully grown tigers."

I grabbed Countess and settled her in my lap as I stroked her fur but when she saw her brother sitting in her favourite human's lap she hopped off mine and jumped onto Melody. Melody laughed and at that moment I knew what I was feeling was not something you should feel for your friend. My soul felt warm and my stomach was clenching into knots and I felt like I was feeling heartburn. I hated and loved the feeling at the same time, and I kind of went on auto-pilot as the rest of the show wrapped up. What had she done to me? I need advice, but I couldn't go to mum because she would squeal and start jumping around. Although Bindi wasn't much better, she was rational enough to know that this could be a bad thing, especially if Melody didn't like me back.