Lost

: Found a little girl who was looking for his brother. I knew that the right thing to do is to help her find him.

My little brother and I went to the park today. It was a cloudy afternoon so I agreed to come with him. And since it's not that sunny.

I brought a picnic mat with us and a basket so that we have something to eat if we ever get hungry.

I laid the picnic mat on the grass while Y/b/n stood next to me.

While fixing the mat and getting out our food from the basket, Y/b/n began pulling my shirt.

"Look Y/n that girl over there is crying." He said while pointing to a little girl crying near us.

Holding Y/b/n's hand, we approached the little girl. As we got there, the girl looked up at us still crying.

"Hey, why are you crying? Are you lost?" I asked her.

Without saying a word, she nodded.

"My- my brother went to buy us some food an- and the- there were a lot of people so we got separated from each other." She said sobbing.

"Hi I'm Y/n, what's your name?" I asked.

"Reese."

"Well don't worry Reese, we'll help you find him." I said giving her a reassuring smile.

"What does he look like?" I asked. "He's a few inches taller than you, he also has brown hair and brown eyes."

"Okay, thank you for that, now let's go look for him."

Three of us together, the two children holding my hand. Reese on the left while Y/b/n on the right.

We searched for her brother for about an hour now.

"We'll never gonna find him." Reese said. "I'm not gonna leave you until we find him."

An hour had passed again an I'm starting to lose hope. Until I saw a guy with a worried face scanning the crowd.

He stopped when he saw Reese. His worried face instantly being turned into relieved.

"Reese!" He shouted. Reese saw him and ran up to him letting go of my hand.

"Zach!" Reese then shouted. Then they hugged each other. Y/b/n and I stood there and I smiled looking at them.

When they're done, the boy looked up at me and smiled.

"Thank you." He said. "Thank you for taking care of my sister and for helping her find me."

"You're very welcome." I said. "And besides, I won't let a little girl like herself look for her brother all by herself."

I was about to walk away when he stopped me.

"Wait." He said. "What's your name?"

"Y/n." I said. "I'm Zach." He said as we shake our hands.

"Well, Y/n since you and your brother have nothing else to do, I suppose we can all hangout?"

"Sure. I brought a picnic mat and some food if you'd like to join us." I said.

"Let's go Zach!" Reese said pulling him.

"I guess that's a yes."

We ate the food I brought and told the kids a few stories we made ourselves.

As Reese and Y/b/n were playing tag, Zach and I sat at the picnic mat while watching them.

"Thank you again." He said. "If it weren't for you then I would never imagine what would happen to her."

"Don't worry about it. I'm just glad she's with you again." I said.

"Oh um, let me give you my number in case Reese gets lost again." He said getting his phone.

He gave his phone to me and I gave mine to him as we both switched numbers.

"Shall I call you when there's only an emergency or-" "You can call me anytime you want." He said cutting me off.

My phone rang as I saw my Mom calling me.

"I better go but, maybe we can hangout again sometime? The four us?" I asked him.

"Maybe, or it could just be the two of us." He chuckled. "Why not?" I said.

"Y/b/n!" I called out. "Time to go home."

"Aww." He said in a sad tone. "Bye Reese."  "Bye Y/b/n." Reese said waving to him with a sad expression.

"Don't worry we'll hangout again soon. The four of us." I said to the both of them. "Right Zach?"

"Uhh yeah the f- four of us."