Plane Ride

: Riding a plane to Texas by myself. And later on being caught to be seated next to a celebrity.

I took a deep breath, settling down in my seat. I was on a flight out to Texas, where I would be starting university on my own.

I was quite nervous of course, but also very excited.

A guy with brown hair and sunglasses climbed onto the plane, walking towards his seat. 28, 29, 30. He took a seat down beside me.

"Hey." He smiled at me. I looked up and smiled back at him.

"Hi! Wait you look kinda familiar..."

The boy took his sunglasses off and chuckled at my shocked expression.

"Oh my gosh, Zach Herron, I love your music so freaking much."

"Thank you so much, that really means a lot."

I could tell he was used to meeting fans and such, but he seemed different.

"Can I ask you for your name?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, sure. I'm Y/n, Y/n Y/l/n.

It's very nice to meet you Y/n."

It was an hour into the six hour flight, and Zach and I were having a blast.

We didn't even realize that such an amount of time has passed, we couldn't stop talking and having so much fun together.

"I LOVED Spongebob as a kid! As a matter of fact, I still do hahah." I exclaimed as Zach told me about his favourite episode.

"Hey, um do you mind getting up, I have to go to bathroom."

"Wha-oh yeah of course." Zach stuttered, catching himself stare.

I stood up, and made my way to the back of the plane. In the bathroom, I heard the pilot speak over the intercom:

"Ladies and gentlemen, all passengers must return to their seats immediately and buckle their seatbelts."

"We're experiencing some major turbulence."

Ah shit, I thought. I didn't like flying too much already, and now there was a turbulence?

Praying to the gods that I wouldn't get sick in front of Zach, I slowly made my way back to my seat.

The plane gave a violent shake and I lost my balance, toppling over onto the seat next to me.

Zach was just about to stand up and make sure I was fine, when I collapsed at him.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry- Zach!"

My cheeks turned pink, realizing I was in Zach's arms.

"You- you okay?" He chuckled, his cheeks was also pink with warmth.

He cleared his throat and we stopped staring at each other, going back to our spots.

A few hours later, we had fallen asleep, my head falling slightly to the side. Eventually, it ended up on Zach's shoulder.

Realizing this, Zach smiled to himself and rested his head on mine.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Texas." The flight attendant called through the speaker.

Zach's eyes fluttered open, and he peered over his shoulder to me who was slowly waking up as well.

I lifted my head from his chest and smiled up at him sleepily.

"Hmm what? Where are we?" I asked him. "Welcome to Texas Y/n!"

Zach noticed a strand of hair in my eyes and placed it gently behind my ear.

I blushed before looking back up at him.

"Well um, it was really nice meeting you. I had a really fun time Zach."

"Same for me. Thanks for making my flight so pleasurable, Y/n. Hey, um I was wondering if we can exchange numbers? Maybe see each other later on?"

"Oh yeah sure!"

We walked out the airplane, luggage in hand. Eventually, we got to Arrivals, where Zach spotted his parents and siblings.

They ran to him, smiling and hugging him.

"Oh guys, this is Y/n. I met her on the plane." Zach gestured at me, and I was now standing awkwardly beside him.

"Y/n! Hi! I hope you're well. So whatcha doing in Texas?" Zach's mom said.

"I'm here for university." I said.

"Wow, that's awesome! Where are you going to be living?" She asked.

"I'm going to be in an apartment just outside the city. In a small place called Dallas."

"No way, that's where we live!" Zach exclaimed, touching my shoulder.

"We should hang out sometime!"

"I'd love that."