Chapter 5

The three of us left the theater as the sun was almost completely replaced by the night sky. I breathed in the fresh air and smiled. 

"Our parents are going to love you, Y/N!" Les exclaimed, pulling on my hand, making me walk faster. I heard Davey chuckle from a bit behind me. 

"I'se don't know about that, but I'se hope so, " I laughed softly. 

I thought quickly about what Medda said earlier and blushed. I looked down, my hair framing my face. It felt weird having it down, also being in a dress. I usually never wear anything feminine, partially because I do not own anything like this, but I would not say I am really against it. In fact, I like to dress up. Jack would always have me go to Medda's to try and have me dress up. It helped Medda and I bond, now she is lik a mother to me. 

"Hey, Y/N?" Davey asked and I looked back at him, still being ahead of him. Les was still holding my hand. "You okay?" He asked me, a concern expression on his face. 

"Why wouldn't I'se be? I-" He cut me off.

"You can drop the accent," Davey softened his expression as we looked at each other. I sighed and laughed. I felt Les let go of my hand and Davey picked up his pace to walk right next to me. The two of us walked in step as we continued on. We were passing buildings, people and alley ways. 

"Damn, you're such a buzz kill," I smiled and stared into his eyes. Those perfect eyes that anyone could easily get lost in. He stared right back and it felt as if time stopped. 

Well, it would have felt as if time stopped if I did not trip due to a crack in the side walk. I gasped as I felt myself fly forward, dropping the clothes that I held with my arm. I quickly moved my other leg to try and keep me up. Davey reached out and grabbed my hand, pulling me up and his other hand made its way around my waist to steady me. He held me as we looked at each other. 

His face. His greenish brown eyes holding so much concern. His lips were slightly parted as he was breathing heavily. I was too. I felt my heart race as my cheeks began to heat up. Soon enough, his face was a bright red as Les began to talk.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Les panicked, looking up at the two of us. Davey's face became a bright red and he pulled me upright before letting go of me. I quickly bent down and picked up my clothes. 

"Ah, yeah, I'm fine," I turned to Les, patting his head with a smile. I still felt the heat in my cheeks. The small boy grabbed my hand again. 

"C'mon, we're almost home!" He dragged me with an excited smile on his face. I felt my smile soften at his excitement. 

~Davey's POV~

I heard her gasp and watched as she tripped and began to fall forward. She tried to catch herself but I knew she was not going to be able to. I reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling her up and catching her by wrapping a hand around her waist. Her waist is tiny, she is so thin. She probably has not gotten anything good in her system for a while. 

Her pretty E/C eyes were wide, probably in shock. They glistened with the last bit of light that the sun offered for the day. Her mouth was agape and she was breathing heavily, probably still a little nervous about her fall. Her H/L H/C hair was hanging behind her as she was still leaning back in my arms. Her face was a bright red. 

"Y/N? Are you okay?" The high pitched voice of Les made me realize that we were staring at each other. I pulled her up to stand her up straight and made sure she was steady. She bend down, picking up her clothes before standing up again. 

"Ah, yeah, I'm fine," she turned to Les and pat his head. A smile slowly made its way onto her face. Les suddenly grabbed her hand again. 

"C'mon, we're almost home!" He dragged her off with a big smile. I chuckled and followed.