(5) May The Best Lad Win.

☺ Niall's POV ☺

She was beautiful as I expected her to be. She's not the type to be shy for not wearing make-up, she's carefree, she didn't scream or hyperventilate when she saw us, and she was different. Good different.

I like her. I really like her. I liked her from the moment I stepped in the room to see her smile at us and secretly remember all her pictures I've seen on her Facebook and Tumblr a few days back.

But I'm not the only one who's in the competition to win her, I'm also joined by Louis and Harry. It was pretty obvious why Louis liked her and Harry....well, he's Harry.

I guess it was pretty obvious for the boys, too, to know I also like her. I was awfully quiet and shy when I was around her and that was the number one sign how the boys know I like someone. 

After Louis led Harry and I out of the room, he leads us to his room and closes the door behind him. "Sit," he ordered as if we did something wrong.

"Look, I know the three of us fancy Jen.." he said to start the whole discussion. "But I also know we talked about some rules in this band, especially when it comes to liking a girl at the same time, remember?"

Harry nodded his head. "Well, no offense Louis, but it's pretty obvious for everyone why you like her," he joked, trying to soften things up but failed miserably.

Louis let it go and looked at me. "What do you like about her, Niall?"

"She's different, good different," I answered almost immediately. "I mean, it's really clear how she's real and not pretending to impress us. I like that."

"And you, Harry?" Louis asked next. "She's different from the girls you usually go for.."

"I know," Harry replied. "But there's something about her that's pulling me to know her better."

"And by know her better you mean not to get in her pants in a few days, right?" Louis asked again and Harry glared at him.

"No," he almost spat and stood up. "How about you, Louis? What do you like about Jen so much aside from the fact that she has a resemblance with Eleanor, huh?" 

Louis stood up from his seat, fuming and stood face to face with Harry. They both started hissing words at each other and my gut told me to do something so I stood up and pushed them away from each other before they did something they would regret later on. 

"This is why we can't like a girl at the same time," I reminded them and forcing them to sit back on their seats. Once they calmed down, I took charge of the two.

"How about this? What if we make a... let's say, agreement?" I suggested, looking back and forth between Harry and Louis. "Unless you have anything better to suggest?"

"Let's have a bet, then. Whoever Jen kisses first, gets to date her. Deal?" Louis said, still glaring at Harry.

"If that's the case, I'm in," Harry said, as expected.

As much as I like Jen, I'm not sure if betting on her is a good idea. "See... I'm not sure betting on her is the best idea," I told them but they didn't even take a break glaring at each other to glance at me.

"You like her or not?" Harry asked.

"I do but..." I replied but he interrupted me.

"Then it's a done deal. May the best lad win."

☺ Jen's POV ☺

I was having fun chatting with Liam and Zayn, to be honest. We don't know what happened to the other three when they left but Zayn knows something just happened and we just let it pass since the two were used to it. 

"How's your head, Jenny?" Daisy and Phoebe asked in chorus when they peeked in my room. 

"Still hard," I answered, knocking on my skull to make them believe me. I motioned them to come in and sit beside me but they hesitated at first. "Come on, I'm not mad at you two," I laughed.

They looked at each other before they took small steps towards me. I opened my arms wide for a hug and they ran into my arms. "We're sorry, Jenny," they said in chorus, again.

Zayn was trying to hide his chuckle again and he only stopped when I glared at him. "Sorry," he mouthed and turned around to continue chuckling. I rolled my eyes at him before I let the twins go to face me.

"Just don't surprise me next time, okay? I'm not good with surprises," I warned them kindly as not to scare them.

They nodded and I gave them a smile. And just in time, Lottie called us all for lunch. "Give me five minutes," I told Liam, Zayn, and the twins before I let them out so I could fix myself.

"Can you stand?" Liam hovered while I sat up and stretched on the bed. I smiled up at him and gave him a thumbs-up.

"Of course, I can. It's not like I fell off a cliff," I joked but he didn't laugh. He watches me carefully as I slowly step out of my bed and stand up while Zayn left with the twins. Aside from the slight dizziness, I was doing okay already until I took my first step and I had to grab the bedpost to support me.

"What's wrong?" Liam started panicking, pacing back and forth between me and the door. If my world wasn't spinning right now, I may be laughing hysterically at him.

"My head," I groaned and he swings my arm on his shoulder to help me stand and then he helps me as I walk my way on the way to the stairs.

"Headache?" I heard Jay's worried voice somewhere distant. She was standing on the step of the stairs with Fizzy beside her. 

Liam nodded his head and looked at me. "Can you make it through the stairs?" 

"Wait," I told him and closed my eyes. I counted to thirty seconds in my head before I opened them again and the headache lessened a little. "Okay, I'm good."

"Sure?" he asked again. I nodded my head and gave him a smile before I took a step down. "Positive," I replied back as he carefully helps me down the stairs. 

The boys were already settled in the table when we walked in the dining room and it seems that they were all having a conversation with the twins and Lottie before they acknowledged my presence. This was the time I thought that good thing I was able to wear decent pajamas to sleep in last night because I didn't have any time to fix myself at all aside from hiding my bed hair in a ponytail. 

Jay disappears for awhile with Fizzy and Lottie to bring the food to the table and I settled in the empty seat the twins had set for me between them. The boys were awfully quiet, staring at each other once in awhile but I ignored them and their 'issue' while the twins kept me busy.

"Does it hurt?" 

"Can I touch it?"

The twins asked at the same time I was confused on who to look at first. "You two shouldn't talk at the same time, especially when my head is all wonky," I said. 

"Wonky?" Liam asked.

I looked at him, surprised that he had finally spoke up after the boys' awkward silence that lasted for almost five minutes. 

"Wonky.. You know, not in a good state. Something like that," I explained but he didn't seem to get it. "It's just how my vocabulary works, it's weird but you'll get used to it."

And in time, Lottie and Fizz comes in with plates of scrumptious food and I found myself staring at the plate in front of me. Niall was the first one to ready his utensils and I laughed at how he excited was because deep inside, I was just that excited, too. 

"Let's eat?" Jay asked but before anyone could answer her, the boys had dug their mouths with the food already. Sigh, boys will be boys.

=======================================================================

Aaaaaaaaaah, sorry for the late upload! We didn't have internet for the past five days and I was so busy with school ugh. Watch out for the upcoming chapters, yay! Comment, vote, fan? Love ya'll! xx Christine