(25) 'S' is back.

So here's another update, thank you guys for ever being so patient with me but with all the college requirements and Senior year, I'm still doing this all for you.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

=============================

Niall's POV 

"Jen's here," Louis whispered while I sang my part, hence distracting me and I jumbled up my lines. I added a laugh just to hide it and sang to the tune instead, ignoring Jen for awhile so I can do my job properly now. But I have to admit, it was hard. When I'm not the one singing or someone else is playing my part on the guitar and I just have to act like it, I sneak a few glances here and there.

She was laughing with who I assume, with Chris in his disguised form, hopefully enjoying herself. Thinking about me missing my lines made me blush more because I just embarassed myself bigtime in probably her first One Direction concert ever. "So we'll be back!" I hear Liam shout to the crowd then we all ran backstage for a fifteen minute break in between the sets.

"Paul is just at the barriers, you can just come in since I'm sure he knows you well. Yup, it's totally fine for the two of you to stay here. Okay, see ya," I overheard Louis on the phone, obviously talking to Jen.

I swerved towards my right, unsure where it leads to, instead of going straight to our dressing room. I ended up under the stage with space huge enough that I can easily peek through. I only found out that it was just beside the barriers towards backstage when I saw Chris and Jen nearing Paul who was waiting for them with a smirk on his face. "Glad to see you two here, especially you, Chris," he greeted and they both smile at him.

Paul gives way and lets them in before blocking the other fans who was trying to barge in. I followed the two, still unhidden, and listened in to their conversation. "Don't you think it's something about the whole 'Harry' thing?" they both stop on their tracks and linger for a bit, while I mirrored them silently. "You said so yourself, you two haven't talked since the whole thing about Harry started," Chris said.

I tried to repeat Chris' reply over and over again in my head before coming up with the conclusion that I was the one they're talking about. Jen remains silent for awhile, and that was my cue to leave them alone so I quietly went back to the dressing room where the boys were waiting for me. "Where have you been?" it was Liam who first asked and I just shrugged and gave him a smile.

"Nowhere," I replied and at the same time, Chris and Jen entered with Paul behind them. "Hey," I greeted them first, surprising myself and the other boys. "Enjoying the show?"

I caught Jen glance at Chris quickly before replying. "Oh, we are," she said with a smile. A few minutes after, we were all comfortable around each other that I almost forgot about what happened between her and Harry. It was when Jen excused herself when I decided to follow her outside.

"Hey, wait up!" She stopped on her tracks and gave me a confused look but then smiled after. "I just want, or actually, need to talk to you," I explained and she just nodded. We both leaned on a nearby wall and people rarely pass by this way so we were alone.

"If this is about what happened that day with Harry, let me speak first," she said and obviously from the silence I gave her, she started to explain her side. "Nothing really happened, Niall. He just spontaneously decided to make all of you guys flower crowns, as weird as that idea might be, and that's that. I promise,"

"Okay."

She raised an eyebrow at me then folded her arms in front of her. "Okay? That's it?"

"That's it," I gave her a reassuring smile and rubbed her shoulder. "All I wanted was to hear it from you, and that's it. It's not that I didn't believe the other boys at first, it's just that it's easier to think that it's real when you hear it from the other side, you know?"