(17) Suspicions & Confusions.

I'm sorry it took me so long to post this chapter. :-( This chapter is dedicated to @CookiiieIswa for your great comment on my last post! Enjoy reading!

=============================================================

☺ Jen's POV 

We arrive in time the ball started and swarms of paparazzi flocked the entrance of the huge mansion. Chris tightened his grip on my hand and gives me a small smile. "You ready?" he asks.

I nod and return the smile. "Yup," I assured him and he opens the door on his side and steps out. I hear the crowd scream his name and he waves at them to be polite. I took a deep breath before I stepped out with my mask already on and he takes my hand again. 

The cameras were facing towards me now and various people were screaming at me for my attention. "Just smile and wave, don't talk to them," Chris whispers next to me and I do as I told before we got ushered in the venue where the colors gray, black, and white beamed on every corner of the room. I gazed at how the whole place looked beautiful and smiled to myself. 

I hear Chris smirk as he puts his mask on. "Amazing, right?" 

I just nod and was about to reply until I got cut off by my phone vibrating. I immediately fished it out of my clutch just in case it was an emergency. I panicked when I saw Louis' name flashed on the screen. "Shit," I muttered and Chris glanced at my phone and chuckles.

"Hello," I breathed and a scream emerged from the other end that I had to pull my phone away for my ears' sake. "That was not funny, Louis." I heard familiar laughs with him and I smiled to myself before I greeted them altogether. "Hi, boys," I told them and they replied in unison. "What's up? Break from the boyband life?"

"Yeah," I'm assuming it was Niall who replied because of the accent, "just hanging out in Liam's hotel room since it's drizzling outside," he said in a kind of sad tone and Zayn beat me to it before I could answer what's wrong.

"He wanted to take us on an adventure since it's his Ireland after all," Zayn informed and I can hear Niall whimpering while Liam comforts him.

I laugh and they continue telling me more about their stories of the promotional tour like how they had a booking mishap so instead of being in Scotland today, they switched it with Ireland again instead. They also shared to me how they just got more cool gifts from their fans in a span of a week and trouble they got involved in as usual with the management. I just continued laughing the whole stories through because they all sounded like kids while telling their moms about the first day of school.

"Not that we're disturbing you or something but are you in a party? Because the champagne glasses and posh conversations going around you totally give the answer away," Harry asked and the rest remained quiet, I observed.

I sighed and was saved when I see the potential emcee sashay across the stage in her white long gown and a white mask on towards the microphone so I bid goodbye to the boys. "I'll talk to you as soon as I can, I have to go. Goodbye and stay safe," I reminded them and I hear them complaining but immediately ended the call at the same time the emcee began to talk.

"Hello, I'm Catherine and first of all, I would like to thank everyone for attending..." she began and I glance at Chris who was already staring at me. 

We both knew what we were thinking about and he smirks. "I heard there's a huge garden with a labrynth at the back of this mansion," he suggested and I nod my head before he took my hand and two champagnes then off we go for another party of our own.

☺ Zayn's POV 

"You do know she's in a party right?" Harry said after Jen hung up on us. Louis glared at him and muttered something under his breath before he started dialling Lottie's number next. We all knew she'd tell us the truth, that's how she's bad at lying and Louis thanks her at times for that. Right now, Liam and I may, too, because then we wouldn't have to tell the truth to the lads ourselves.