Chapter Seven: The Work of Evil

Dedicated to Tamedkiss for making me the cover attatched to this chapter - I seriously love it, so thank you x

HEY GUYS! So I know I said I would upload Let the Games Begin next - and that chpater is honestly almost finished - but this story has been seirously distracting me, and this chapter just ended up being finished first.

I apologise in advance for this chapter - I don't know what it is with this story, I'm loving writing it but I can't seem to get the pacing right at all! It feels like it's moving too slow and too quick at the same time!

Anyway if you guy would just highlight any mistakes you see (there are probably about a million of them in this one) that would be uber helpful!

Votes, and comments are greatly appreciated too!

But more importantly than that PLEASE ENJOY:

::My Happily Never After::

Chapter Seven: The Work of Evil

“Uh…you’re not Rachel.” I stated the obvious as I stared bewilderedly at the person in front of me. Of all the things I’d been expecting this morning finding Mackenzie Blackman standing on the front door step to my house was not one of them.

It was so early that I had assumed that only Isaac or Rachel would be knocking on the door at this time.

Apparently I was wrong. Only I couldn’t think of a single logical reason for Mackenzie to be here.

I rubbed my eyes, wondering if it was the early hours of the morning – hours that were meant for sleeping – playing tricks on me.

No such luck. As my eyes focused once more Mackenzie was still stood in my doorway with a dark scowl set firmly into his features, announcing boldly that he probably wanted to be here even less than I wanted him here.

“Excellent detection work. You’re sharper than you look.” He retorted gruffly.

My lips tightened. Sarcasm not appreciated.

“Care to tell me why you’re still in your pyjamas?” He asked, taking a glance down at my attire with an annoyed look.

“Because it’s,” I took a glance over my shoulder to where the clock hung on the living room wall over television. “Not even eight in the morning.” I answered turning my head back towards him. “Care to tell me what you’re even doing at my house? Are you lost or something?”

He grunted. “I wish.” He said moodily. “Go get dressed – I’m not going to wait around for you forever.” He ordered, not even properly answering my question.

Did this boy have absolutely zero understanding in what was socially acceptable? He had to know it wasn’t normal to turn up uninvited to someone’s house, insult them, and then demand them to get dressed to leave with you.

He did realise that we’d only ever met twice and only really spoken once, right?

 “Look,” I said tiredly, pinching the bridge of my nose. “Here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to close this door, and then I’m going to crawl back into my bed for some more sleep, because I’m really not sure what you’re doing here, and I’m too sleepy to care much for your half answers.”

I started closing the door, only to have Mackenzie stop it with his boot. I groaned inwardly. Maybe I was still asleep at this was all just a really weird dream… Or nightmare.