Chapter One: Once Upon a Time

*** Dedicated to FATHOMTHESTARS_ who made me an awesome cover on the side there -> ***

Okay not much to say at the start of this chapter except BARE WITH ME PLEASE! I have plans for this story (BIG ONES) I just need to find the way to write it! :)

My Happily Never After

Chapter One: Once Upon a Time

He likes to eat chips without salt.

He refuses to pick a side on the great marmite love/hate relationship.

He’s more of a cat person.

He thinks that twilight and vampire diaries are ‘pretty much the same thing’.

Falling for the ‘boy next door’ is painfully cliché.

I mentally listed off the things that made Isaac Bennett so imperfect for me – all the things that made him the wrong person for me to fall in love with – as I fought away the urge to crumble under the pressure of the puppy-dog stare being pushed down upon me.

‘No’ wasn’t a word that easily came to me when Isaac was involved. Something about his eyes, or his pout, (or maybe it had something to do with the fact I was so head over heels for him) had the word sticking in my throat.

He’s too obsessed about his hair.

He’s a jock.

He cracks his knuckles constantly.

“I’m not going.” I stubbornly refused the boy sat in front of me, my arms crossed tightly over my chest, avoiding his eyes.

I tried to keep my face strong. I had practiced this, but acting was another thing that didn’t come easily to me.

He’s an over-romantic.

He taps on tables when he’s thinking about something really hard.

He snores.

“Taylor, please.” Isaac begged me, dragging out the syllables of each word. His plea hung in the air as I stared out the ground in front of me, focusing as I bit down on my tongue so I couldn’t say something stupid, like ‘yes’.

I wasn’t going to cave. I wasn’t. Not this time. I had practiced this. I just had to keep listing the things I didn’t like about him, and then this feeling – this urge to do everything he wanted me to – would go away.

In theory…

He like shopping more than I do.

He can’t cook to save his life.

He already has his perfect girl.

“Isaac, why don’t you just ask Rachel to go with you?” I asked, trying to ignore the pang of jealousy I got when I nodded my head in the direction of my best friend who was currently painting her toe nails across the room, making Isaac’s eyes dart over to her. I almost wanted to snatch back the words, because I hated that the mention of her only ever took him further away from me.

But it was the right thing to say, because it was true.

He has Rachel.

Things like going to one of his family’s business diners should be her job – not mine. I had no place there.