Chapter Twenty-Four: Making Deals LIke the Little Mermaid. But not.

No this is definitely not staying as the title. I'll be changing it in the morning, when I'm not half asleep :)

Sorry that this chapter has taken me so long - I've been too wound up to write this for the past few days.

But on the up-side HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS GOT ME UP TO #50 ON TEEN FICTION!

I can't exaplain how happy I am about this! Just thank you guys so much!

Anway PLEASE ENJOY::

::My Happily Never After::

Chapter Twenty-Four: Making Deals LIke the Little Mermaid. But not.

“Oh dear god, what fresh hell is this?”

My lips pulled into a wry smile, knowing before my eyes had even drawn up from the carpeted hallway floor to the speaker who was standing in front of me.

“Gee thanks.” I said sarcastically. “It’s nice to see you too, Mackenzie.” I told him dryly as I looked up at him. He was stood so that his shoulder was propped against the doorframe into his apartment, blocking me from seeing or coming in.

He sighed, shaking his head at my comment. “Is there a specific reason that you’re here unannounced?” He asked me.

My hands shifted automatically around the textbooks I was carrying when he asked his question.

“Not completely unannounced actually.” I told him, readying myself to explain more, but before I got the chance to say anything the sound of someone approaching from the other side of the door cut me off.

“Mackenzie, is that Taylor?” I heard Jake asking, neither of us able to see one another past Mackenzie. “Let her in if it is.”

A smile grew on my lips. “Jake said I could come over.” I finished unnecessarily.

Mackenzie stepped back, allowing me inside as he muttered a short ‘of course he did’ under his breath. As he let me through my eyes instantly locked on a grinning Jake, who was stood under the arch leading to the main room.

“Hey Taylor!” He greeted me, opening his arms for a hug that I didn’t hesitate to give him. I heard Mackenzie mumble something else but I ignored him.

“Hey, thanks for letting me come over here.” I thanked Jake, even though I’d already thanked him plenty of times over the phone, as I pulled back from him, trying to be careful not to hit him on the shoulder with the heavy textbook I was carrying. “I can’t get any studying done at mine, and I really cannot afford tomorrows test.”

Usually at a time like this I would go to my best friend’s house. But Rachel’s parents were going out for the night, and she was planning on having Isaac over. I grimaced slightly.

“No problem.” Jake assured me. “I said you could use this place whenever you needed.”

This was apparently news to Mackenzie who made a disgruntled ‘thanks for consulting me on that’ scoff at the back of his throat.

“Get a room you two.” Mackenzie said. “Or at least let me past.” He said gesturing that we were stood in the archway, trapping him where he was.

At Mackenzie’s ‘get a room’ comment Jake gave me a playfully suggestive look that read the question ‘how about it’. I rolled my eyes at his flirty behaviour.

“Yeah, not today big boy.” I told him shaking my head, as I knocked my textbook into his stomach. It wasn’t hard enough to hurt, but he wasn’t expecting it so he stumbled back a couple of steps laughing at the same time.