Chapter Five: Real Life Prince Charming

[Dedicated to at_heartbreak_hotel for the awesome cover you see displayed to the light (or above if you're using the app]

HEY GUYS IT'S BEEN A WHILE! But I wanted to finish DF before continuing with this!

Please Enjoy:

Chapter Five: Real Life Prince Charming

I collapsed backwards into the grass next to Isaac covering my face with my hands, as I let the sun wash over me. I let out a loud groan. “I’m dead.” I moaned loudly. “So utterly and completely dead.”

“Come on it’s not that bad.” Isaac said glancing up from my homework. I didn’t have to look to know there was a small comforting smile on his face. I could hear it in his voice.

I frowned at him, gently lowering my hands. “None of our answers match.” I said in distress. I was beginning to regret my choice on comparing my homework against Isaac’s. It was making me feel monumentally stupid.

He shook his head. “You’ll get some method marks for some of them.” He told me confidently. “Your problem was that you rushed.”

I frowned. That wasn’t my only problem. Taking my homework out of hands I placed it next to his and scanned over them. “For question two you got 3y = 2x + 4 as your answer.” I gave him a flat look. “I put 7.”

I highly doubted I was getting method marks for that answer.

Isaac put out his hand patting my arm comfortingly, sending a bolt of warmth running through me. I shifted away discreetly liking the feeling all too much, and his arm dropped again.

“It’s okay.” Isaac said kindly, a soft look in his eyes that had my heart beating out of tune. Even if he didn’t love me like I wanted him too, it was nice to know he cared. “You probably just don’t get it now because you’re tired.” He sympathised. I grimaced.

“You heard them too huh?” I asked, knowing he must have overheard the screaming match between my parents last night. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if China had heard their shouting let alone my next-door neighbours.

Isaac winced. “Kinda.” He admitted. “Are the money problems really that bad?” He asked. “They seem to argue about it a lot recently.” This time it was my turn to wince.

They wouldn’t be if my dad would just get a job and stop wasting away the little money we did have. I didn’t say that though, instead I shrugged my shoulders. I didn’t want to go into any more detail with him about it then my parents were already sharing with all our neighbours.

“You know my mum.” I said nonchalantly. “She’s a Drama Queen.”

It wasn’t really an answer to his question, but he thankfully didn’t notice. To change the subject I stuffed away my homework.

“I’m done.” I said giving up entirely.

He didn’t try to convince me otherwise. “You’ll get it eventually.” He told me. “I’ll help you.”

I gave him a strained smile, half of me wanting to leap at the offer not because I thought it would help – past experience had taught me it wouldn’t – but just so that I could spend whatever time I could with him. The other half of me knew that it was a stupid idea – in the long run it would only hurt more.

I turned my head away from him, trying to hide my inner distress.

I needed to get over myself. All he did was offer to help me with maths.