The Escape: Part 1/5

Y/N's POV

•°•2 Months Later•°•

(It's been two whole months of being away from home. I miss my oldest brother, Sean. I miss Jaquan. I even miss Sabrina, my badass Labrador. I pray to God that I hope they're okay. All we've been doing these two months is plan and rest. We found two Jeeps. But, we lost Jacob and Bahja. But, we got a new survivor, Deeona, last week. But, she's weird. And, she better back up off Ray before she end up thrown out. It's weird how the only times we see those monsters is when we go out for food. They see us, but they just walk away. Like we're not a threat to them. And plus, they look different. They still have their muscular skin, but it's covered in black ooze. The same black ooze that was in Roc's neck wound. Elijah told the rest of us that they're evolving into something stronger. So, our liquid plan might not work.)

"Hey, Y/N, can you hand me that bottle of water," Sarah asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, sure."

(I handed Sarah the water bottle, while taking in her appearance. She looks horrible. Last week, she got sick with something. Now, she looks like a train hit her. Her hair is a mess. Her nose is always running. She has dark circles under her eyes. And, she is way too skinny. All her thickness just got up and walked away, pretty much. Right now, she went to her spot where her and Elijah slept. Elijah got this big ass crush on her. He practically kiss the ground she walk on. But, she don't think she all that special. DeZha and Roc were on watch, but not really, because they were playing around and kissing. As I was falling asleep, I noticed something weird. Sarah's been having these scary dreams, ever since she got sick last week. And usually, around this time, she wakes up and starts crying. I turn around and she's not next to Elijah. She's walking towards the entrance of the cave. She doesn't look right either. Her nose is gushing blood, and her eyes are in the back of her head. As soon as she walked out, Roc and DeZha stopped talking. Sarah was staring at her. Then, all of a sudden, DeZha started screaming. Like, really loud. She was coughing up loads of blood and some type of yellow bile. Roc just sat there in shock, trying to help her.)

"What the heck is going' on?" Prince ran out with the others.

"I-I don't know, bruh! She just looked at Sarah and started screaming and throwing up."

"Oh, my gosh," Deeona whispered, but she had a smirk on her face.

I pushed her. "Bitch, what the fuck you smilin' for?! This ain't funny. Them my best friends out there, and you think somebody tellin' you a joke. It won't be funny when my foot end up in yo' ass, ho!!!!"

"Baby, chill," Ray said. "We'll figure it out, okay?"

"Yeah, so everybody just-- Hey, where the heck did they go?!"

"Roc, I thought you were watching them!!" Prodigy tapped his shoulder.

(He just stared, with tears running down his cheeks. We looked where he was staring, and there they were. And, so were the monsters. They looked like this was what they were waiting for. DeZha and Sarah just bled and stared back at us, oblivious to the gang of distorted beings behind them. Then, one of them snapped.)