¤TWENTY-FOUR¤

The doctor took me into her hospital room to discuss the situation in private, but I took note of the still knocked out she-tiger before turning my attention to the doctor. "Queen Lily has gone under a lot of trauma.. This wound seems to be the most she can take, sending her into a coma. We found..." I slowly tune him out as soon as I heard she was going into a coma. What would happen to the kingdom. A panic would settle in once people figure out that she can't serve the kingdom.
     So there I watched, pacing in my queens room. Just hoping she'd wake up soon.

     I was floating in the comfortable abyss of my mind

     I was floating in the comfortable abyss of my mind. The darkness was so calming, I just wanted to sink further into it's silence. It promised no pain. No suffering. Peace. I thrived in the calming environment, but I also felt heavy. So heavy. Like my body was an anchor in a body of water. It was suffocating me. I tried so hard to move, to wake up. To get rid of the trapping weight that kept my eyes sealed. Even breathing was starting to become a trouble. Time traveled slowly and soon I needed to focus on breathing manually. Breathe. I couldn't tell day from night anymore. I only knew that I was still so tired.
     Come closer, child. The darkness called from below me. It's so tiring without you Lily, it cooed. So tempting, so very tempting, but something else was calling me. A small whisper telling me to stay put. To wake up. And I wanted to listen. I wanted to wake up from this peaceful madness.. But it was so hard and I was tired. So close to giving up on that voice that wanted me to refuse the cherishable life the darkness set in front of me. Then it called out again. A whisper I barely caught.
     Don't go.
     Those two words seemed to help me push through with all my might. My lungs filled full with air and my eyes fluttered open to see a white, bright, room. I felt alive again. My movements were slow, like I was underwater, as I took in the average hospital room. I let out a breathe of relief as I realized I had beat the darkness that tried to consume me. I was afraid to shut my eyes again.
     "Lily..?" My eyes swiveled quickly to none other than my general. Trevor sat in the uncomfortable couch at the side of my bed. He had bags under his eyes and seemed to be all out tired.. But I noticed something else. When his dulled eyes caught mine, they brightened instantly. "I'm so glad you woke up!" He was up in an instant, pulling me into a hug that took me completely by surprise.
     I smiled to him once he pulled away, "What did I miss, Trevor? It felt like I've been asleep for ages!" I laughed nervously at my over exaggeration, but his expression just darkened.
     "... Lily. You've been out for two months."

Thanks guys for reading! Sorry you had to wait so long

Thanks guys for reading! Sorry you had to wait so long. 😅