¤FIVE¤

Something, which I didn't think was still possible, happened. I talked to my other side, the tiger.
      Out of all the things you stop, you don't help this girl any more than a hug and helping her to her room. She growled at me, but I let out a sad sigh.
      I don't know what I can do, Azalea. I answered, getting ready for the new day. I wore ripped jeans and a shirt.
      You could destroy the wolf that hurt her. Then he wouldn't be even here to hurt her anymore now. What if this was Blake or Scarlet? Azalea suggested, but I simply rolled my eyes and combed through my hair.
      Tempting, but she doesn't want him dead or even hurt. I don't understand wolves and their so-called mates. I said, then made my way down stairs. I didn't want to got to breakfast today, but the leaders still wanted me there.. Nope! Time to explore!
      But I'm starrviiinnggg!
      I just shook my head, looking around the pack house and ignoring the animal. I found a garden out the back, along with a swimming pool. I went through the garden, loving the sweet scent coming off the flowers.
      Do you think we should become the peacemaker of the Streak? I asked, my voice a whisper even in my own mind.
      Do you?
      I don't know. I thought you would at least have an opinion about it.
      "Who are you mindlinking?" Asked a voice. I actually almost jumped, my hand zipping back to my side and away from the beaufiful flowers. I knew that voice from somewhere...
      I turned to look at the questioner and a small smile tugged at my lips, "Hey, Blake. When did you get here?"
      He shrugged, "I got a wolf messenger from my father. Something about you throwing an alpha across a dining room..?"
      I laughed at this, "He didn't let me go run. He had it coming. But it seems as though every time I go for a run, I get into trouble." My smile turned to a frown as my words sunk in.
      You were busy talking to someone of higher power each time too. Maybe your bad luck?
      I started in my tiger form each time. If anyone is bad luck it's you! I snapped back in a playful manner.
      "That seems to be the case." He didn't notice my frown apparently, continuing. "Will you show me to my father?"
      I nodded, going inside with him on my tail. I went to the dining room where Leader still sat talking to the Alpha. I gestured for him to sit down where I usually did, happy to loose my spot. He took it gratefully. "I'm not needed here, correct?"
      "Depends."
      "On?" I drew the word out.
      "If Ace keeps his word and doesn't get angry as I tell him about the recent news."
      Annoyed, I sat down at a different table. I only listened to the tone of their voices, not what they were saying. At any point a voice started rises, I'd growl, not caring whose voice it was. I think they saying something about the Alpha's son coming and the two sons' had to make peace? I don't know and didn't care.
      Why don't you actually listen in? It's getting interesting! Azael groaned, wanting to have gossip of her own.
      I don't care about Streak business. You shouldn't either. That is all for our leader and his son to know. I said in a matter-of-fact way, glancing at their table.
     Ace stood, fuming at Leader from whatever was said. I stood too saying one command. "Sit." It was more of a growl than a word, but he got the message. He sat, then went to ranting about how wrong he was. Still having no idea what was going on, I just sat there and watched quietly.
      Another man walked in, stopping at the edge of the dining hall. He was about my age and admittedly good looking for a mutt. "Careful. Ace is loosing his temper." I said to the wolf man, turning my attention back to the leaders and giving Ace an icy glare. I turned back to see the man walking to me, but I just waved. I was completely thrown off with his posture. I couldn't tell if he was picking for a fight or something else, but his eyes stayed on mine. "Sir. Are you okay?"
      "But.. Your a cat." The man said, giving me an emotionless stare. There was only a table between us now. I growled at the 'cat' part.
      How insulting..
      "I don't know who you are or what your talking about, but you better watch your tongue." I snapped, glaring at him. He flinched at my words as though I hit him, but of course I wouldn't let him call me that. I looked him up and down. He had dark brown eyes and hair that matched it in a slicked back fashion. He wore a black tee and camo pants.
      He continued to stare at me, taking a few glances at his father, who looked like he saw a ghost. Leader and Blake stood at my sides, both of them putting a hand on my shoulder. The man growled at the contact. I whispered to Blake, "What's happening?" Confusion danced in my ocean-blue eyes.
      It was Leader who answered me though. "You're Axel's mate." I tensed up instantly; then I laughed, standing up. They looked at me confused, but I was already moving out of the room. My laughing stopped as I got out of the pack house. I did not transform, but instead walked South.
      "Where are you going?" Asked Axel. I turned to see him and Blake watching a few feet away from me.
     "Home. You should reject me now so you don't have to be with a 'cat'." There was no hint of anger or joy in my tone. My voice was blank, monotone. They looked at me with a bewildered expression. "Go on. I won't wait all day." I didn't know about mates, but I knew how to get out of due to the crying girl I met.
      I still can't believe he called us a cat. Azealia said from the back of my mind.
      Shut up.
      "No."
      "Well. That sucks for you, now, doesn't it?" I started walking again, but something stopped me. A hand on my shoulder. "I'll warn you once. That's a bad idea."
      He watched me with pleading eyes, making it very tempting to go through with his own wishes.
      This man. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.
      Azael's voice brought me of my small daze and I took his arm, feeling weird tingles as I threw him across the field. I don't know what happened, but when he hit the ground it felt like my heart had been torn a little. What the heck? I started moving again, but Blake's voice interrupted me, "You should stay. A peacemaker is always needed."
      I growled, knowing he was right. I yanked off the sic (second-in-command) necklace and threw it to him. Axel has found his way back to us, his eyes were pleading me to stay still and I nodded to his silent action.
      "Come on then." I said, going back to the castle with a sigh.
      His wolf sounds funny.
      What?
      I talked to his wolf.
      You can do that?
      ...
      "You told me that this wouldn't happen! That this was impossible!" Leader's voice echoed through the halls, making me run to the noise. Thankfully, they were still in the dining room. The timing --when we got there-- was perfect, since that's when they had shifted and started tearing at each other. I took a step to the ball of fury. Wham! I kicked one body, then the other. The force of the kick sent each of them to opposite sides of the room.
      "With all the things you two do when I'm gone is fight!" I growled, not worrying about the consequences of my actions. "You should be ashamed of yourselves!" Leader growled at my yelling, but I wasn't having it. "Don't. You. Dare! Not even a Solar Goddess could split you two apart!" They lowered their heads as if to say sorry. "Go." They did as I said, leaving in opposite directions. People.

 People