xxv.

ANNE SHIRLEY-CUTHBERT'S HIT BOOK MADE INTO AMAZING MOVIE.

"CORDELIA" DOES AMAZING ITS FIRST WEEK!

anne sat in her chair, pencil in mouth, mumbling what should be a speech. "thank you to-no no. ugh, i would like to-no." she crumbled up the paper and took her glasses off, running her hands up her face. she felt someone sit next to her and touch her shoulder.

"what's wrong?" gilbert asked sincerely.

"this speech for the award show i will probably not win! i can't find the right words and-" she laid her head on his shoulder. "i'm sorry, it's late and you have to get up early. i'll come to bed." they walked up to their room and laid in bed, gilbert laying by her waist. anne couldn't close her eyes, just stared up at the ceiling while playing with gilbert's hair. she never thought she would make it this far with her movie.

gilbert could tell this was stressing her out which made him upset. "anne, don't get too paranoid about this, okay? i bet everyone up their doesn't know what to do and is just as nervous as you! you will be okay, i promise. please go to sleep." he kissed her cheek and cuddled her closer. she slept better that night.

the night of the award show, it was hectic in their house.

josie was doing anne's hair and makeup, diana was on the phone with someone, and jane was touching up anne's dress. "i have coffee!" ruby yelled, handing out coffees to all of her friends. "jerry is bringing in the bagels with the guys!" they guys ran through the house, not wanting to see anne yet.

charlie came in with his camera, filming the experience. all the girls gave him a look. "it's for gilbert and anne's kids to watch in the future! hey kids! it's uncle charlie! look at your mom!" anne snorted and everyone laughed. "she is getting ready to make history! GIRL POWER!" anne whooped and jane clapped her hands. suddenly, he caught a glimpse of a tattoo on anne's wrist. he zoomed in. "WAIT that looks like gilbert's tattoo! did you guys-"

she nodded, all the girls exclaimed. "we were drunk and for some reason autumn knows how to tattoo people? i also pierced gilbert's ear but it got infected!" she ran her finger over the tattoo, faintly remembering the night.

"c'mon, this bottle is imported! one sip, anne! please! i didn't have clark get this for me for no reason! it's for celebration purposes! you were nominated!" willow smiled, handing her the bottle. one sip became two and a half glasses. she was giggly and all over gilbert. "do you guys want to see something?" she pulled up her pant leg and revealed a tiny heart with the bisexual flag inside. "we both got one!" autumn showed hers containing the lesbian pride flag.

anne's eyes lit up. "ooo! i want one!" gilbert's face went to shock. autumn quickly got up and got her tattoo kit. "i want a yellow flower! like this!" she showed the yellow ones from avonlea. he spit out his drink. "right here on my wrist! with the words 'loverboy' written in the prettiest font you know!" he couldn't speak but before he could protest it, she was already getting it. squeezing his hand, she bit her lip. "you're getting one too, right?"

gilbert has been afraid of needles since childhood but for anne he would do it. he stuck his arm out and smiled. "me next!"

"anne? ready for your dress?" jane smiled. she nodded. after five minutes of getting in, she looked in the mirror and smiled. the golden dress went all the way down to the floor. "boys! she is ready!" she slowly walked down the steps and everyone lost their breath. gilbert's back was turn to her and he turned around. a tear left his eye when he saw her. she always looked beautiful , he's surprised he doesn't cry everytime he sees her.

"wow." he grabbed her hands and looked into her bright blue eyes. "i love you."

she giggled. "i love you. this is honestly the prom i never had! thank you everyone! let's go kick this award show's ass!" she was going to open the door but turned around. "nicely. nicely kick their ass." she reassured.