x.

sawyer and anne sat in his car. it has been three weeks since they met and two weeks since they started dating. he treated her to breakfast that morning.

"shit, homeroom starts in ten. i have to go." she gave him a quick peck on the lips. "thanks for driving me home! see you at three!" he grabbed her arm and pulled her back for a deeper kiss.

"have an amazing day!" he handed her coffee to her and winked.

she opened her phone and began to film on snapchat. "hey guys, new video today! but right now i have to go to school! anyways, have a great day, my loves, and remember you are loved! bye!"

everyone at this school knew anne. they either watched her videos or just heard her name in a faint whisper. she now has fifty-four thousand followers on instagram and counting. her youtube channel is verified with almost a million views per video. never did she think these videos would take her anywhere but they did. with the help of gilbert.

gilbert. she thought. they haven't talked since the concert so she shot him a quick text.

anne: hey gilly:) what's up? feels like we haven't talked in forever!

homeroom bell rang while anne scrolled through twitter, texting sawyer too. "anne shirley-cuthbert, slip for guidance!" a beautiful way to start the morning!

gilbert sat on clark's couch, where he has been for the past three weeks. 

"dude, you have to talk to her at some point. i mean you guys are in love." clark looked up from his phone to see a reaction.

that last statement didn't seem true anymore. their relationship felt more forced than loving. people always expecting them to be happy and in love. but not anymore. 

his phone went off but he completely ignored it. not wanting contact with anyone.

"fine." as he stood up, cole, ethan, and xavier entered clark's home. cole kissing clark as xavier awkwardly looked at the floor. gilbert knew cole and xavier had a weird thing going on before clark. that's all xavier would talk abou was how much he liked cole but clark didn't know that. "alright, see ya."

and he left, responding to anne's text.

anne sat in an uncomfortable chair as her guidance counselor rearranged some papers. she wore thick brown glasses and her black hair was in a messy bun. books that had her name on them decorated her room.

"hello anne, i'm ms. cho but you can call me daisy." she shook her hand. "so this is just a little get to know you thing. from what i know you make youtube videos?" 

anne nodded. "yeah it's kinda what got me out here." she signaled for her to go on. "well, i'm from avonlea, i am seventeen, and i love to play the ukulele!"

daisy smiled, her lips had a light maroon gloss on them. "well, anne, that is lovely! as you know, i am daisy. i am an author, i studied psychology in college, and now i am here! well, i'll let you get back to class! enjoy the rest of your day and feel free to stop by anytime!" 

she smiled and left the office of ms. daisy cho.

✵ 

after hours of driving around and contemplating what to say, he finally worked up enough courage to talk to her. there he stood, at the front door of his house. willow was probably inside asleep so he quietly entered because autumn's car was not parked outside like usual. but instead of her sleeping she sat reading a script.