xv.

cole and anne sat in her dorm as she did homework. she hasn't spoken to sawyer since the night of the party. or gilbert.

"he's called you. again." she ignored him. "you have to face him sometime, i mean he is your boyfriend."

"is he though? because at jane's he was acting like the people who think i broke gilbert and willow up." she remembered what he said at the party about willow and autumn. he was cheated on. his brown eyes were filled with sorrow and pain, something she wished she could help with. "are clark and gilbert cool again?" cole shrugged, paying close attention to his screen. "are you texting xavier? let me see!" she jumped next to him.

"does it seem like we are flirting? because clark thinks i still like him which i don't. i mean yeah we had a thing but it's over." he looked down, disappointed.

"oh my god! you still like him! cole!" he rolled his eyes. "you have to tell him and stop leading clark on!"

"you don't think i know? i would hate to hurt him but i miss xavier." he pouted. "i'll do it after the premiere tonight." he saw anne's face go into a state of shock. "please tell me you didn't forget! anne! you know my song is being featured in this movie!"

"i know!" she put her head in her hands. "i am so so sorry! there's just so much going on! i forgot to get my dress and i don't have a dress!"

he grabbed his phone and her hands. "i'll call a uber. we can go to ms. lynde's downtown! c'mon!" they drove to the tiny shop located in the middle of a busy road. "ms. lynde! i have a request!"

"cole, my love! what can i do for you?" the middle aged woman hugged him.

"my friend and i have a premiere tonight but she has nothing to wear! please tell me you have something!" he pushed anne forward.

she glanced at anne up and down. "i'll have it done by tonight. be here by seven!" they both hugged the lady and ran out.

"let's go! we have a lot to do!" they ventured around the city in search of something to do to pass time. "okay, starbucks first then we go get your makeup and hair done! i'm sure josie can do it!"

anne took her phone out and filmed on snapchat. "hello my beautiful people! i am here with the one and only cole mackenzie! tonight is the 'crush' premiere where one of his beautiful songs is featured in! make sure you see it when it comes out! love you all!"

after a few hours, they went to josie's. "hey!" she gave her a big hug but josie seemed a little awkward around anne. "thank you so much for doing this! i know i can always rely on you! i just need a basic look for tonight. ruby will be here soon to do my hair!" josie worked her magic and did her makeup while she scrolled through instagram. "woah, josie who gave you that sucker?" she pointed out the hickey on her neck. her face went bright red.

"oh, you d-don't know him. one of charlie's many friends that were at the party." she lied straight to her face.

anne laughed. "when me and sawyer first started dating he gave me one of those and i tried passing it off as something else!" she laughed, remembering how much fun they had in the beginning. "i'm going to call him." she facetimed him. "hey baby, i'm sorry about the other day."

he laid in his bed and smiled. "i don't remember a lot but i am sorry too. i love you. where are you?" he looked around the scenery.

"josie's." his eyes went wide, thoughts of that night hit him. them hooking up after the fight between him and anne. no one saw it so he was relieved, so he thought. "listen, i have that premiere tonight but i'll see you tomorrow okay? love you." she hung up and smiled. "hey ruby is here, cole let her in." they sat in complete silence. "ruby! thank you so much for the last minute help!" she hugged her.

"anytime, really anne." josie went in for a hug but ruby dodged it. "so do you have an idea of what you want to do?"

she was finally done and she looked perfect. her red hair was in a low bun and her makeup was beautiful. "guys, look at what my glam squad did! makeup done by miss josie pye herself and ruby did my hair! i love them!" she posted on her story. "i have to use the bathroom before i leave so."

ruby and jane were left alone. ruby's blue eyes piercing through josie. "i know what you did. so does jerry. we were in the room right next to where you guys were. we heard anne and sawyer fighting then saw you two. that was messed up, josie, and you know it. she was really hurt that night and you hookup with her boyfriend!" she crossed her arms. "you have to tell her. i don't care how drunk you were, you have to tell her before i do."

"tell who what?" she stood in the doorway, watching the girls. ruby stared at josie and coughed.

"me and sawyer...we hooked up at the party right after you left. listen, anne, he told me you guys were over and i was drunk i j-" she ran out of the house and slammed the door.

cole was on the phone when he saw anne. "let's go. we are leaving!" they waited for their uber and anne explained everything that happened to cole, trying not to cry.

"you don't have to go." he put his hand on her shoulder.

"no, i am going and i am going to look hot as hell."

her dress was beautiful and fit her perfectly. they pulled up to the red carpet and cole's manager was coaching him on what to say. they stepped out and the crowd went crazy. the movie had fellow youtubers in it that anne has met through gilbert. she walked through the cameras and gave her best, fake smile. she posed with cole in a few and some just of herself. "interview time." she brushed his arm and sent him off. she stood alone, thinking about sawyer when two familiar faces were seen in the crowd. willow and autumn.

"anne?" autumn yelled, pushing people away. she wore a stunning red dress and her pink hair was starting to fade away. "willow, look! it's anne." and there she was. the girl who cheated on gilbert. "i missed you!" she brought her into a hug.

willow watched awkwardly. "hi anne." her dress was also pink but shorter. "i heard you just went on tour with sawyer. big step for you guys. very happy for you two. how is he?"

"good! yeah, well i have to go. i will be lost without cole. nice seeing you!"she ran towards cole, about to cry. "i can't do this. i can't."

"one more and we are done, okay?" she sat through that interview, bored and wanting to leave. finally, the movie was about to start. they took their seats and watched the movie. after it was over, they were escorted back to their car but before she could get in someone from the paparazzi were there.

"anne did you break gilbert and willow up? are you two dating? is sawyer playing your fake boyfriend? the people want to know! is it true that you used gilbert for fame? t-" she slammed the door and took a breath. she never wanted this. she never wanted people to know her business that wasn't actually her business. she laid her head back and thought of her simpler life back in avonlea.