xviii.

anne sat in the office of ms. daisy cho, nervous.

her senior year was coming to an end and didn't know what she was going to do. continue her career in music? remain on youtube? daisy shut the door and smiled.

"anne, great to see you again!" her raven hair was in a messy bun, glasses on the brim of her nose. "sorry, it's been a hectic morning. graduates panicking at what comes next and where their future lies." anne's face quickly changed to a look of horror, causing daisy to awkwardly laugh. "as i can see, you apply to t-that. um, what do you want to do?"

her face went red. "to be perfectly honest, i d-don't know. i mean, i have my music and everything b-but i want something more. you know?" daisy smiled and turned her chair around, rummaging through her desk drawer. she finally found what she was looking for and slid it against the desk. "a book?" anne studied the cover.

"i wrote it. my name is very lowkey." she pointed to the tiny letters. "this is how i started my career. writing books about teen psychology, then becoming a counselor at one of the best high schools in california." anne still didn't get it. "what i'm saying is write, silly! i've read some of your essays and i am very impressed. i'm not trying to pressure you but i think you should give it a try! i will be there every step of the way with you!"

she left the office with a clear head and high hopes when she got a call. "hey di, what's up? make it quick, i have to go to math."

"well, i've only been here for three days and booked you a gig tonight!" she let out a scream, causing a few in the hallway to turn their heads. "i know, i'm amazing! okay, go back to class, charlie and i will pick you up at seven!" she jumped for joy and ran to her math class.

gilbert sat in a meeting discussing his upcoming tour.

clark has become a friend again but there is some sort of tension between them.

gilbert was excited for the tour but not really. he still had so much to fix and figure out. a message popped up on everyone's phones.

DIANA BARRY: hey guys, anne has her first REAL gig tonight! hope 2 see u all there!😇

the guys all turned their heads toward gilbert as he smiled. yes, they did fight but he still wanted to support her. as soon as the meeting ended, he pulled out his camera.

"look who is filming again!" ethan laughed, hitting his back.

he shrugged and began to speak. "i'm back! i know, hold the applause! but look who i am with! the vlog bois!" he panned the camera over his friends and zoomed into xavier while he ate a donut, flipping him off. "we just got out of a very important meeting so stay tuned!"

they all finally left, heading for gilbert's house. "so, i'll drive and so will jerry. we can get dinner before if you all want to?" they agreed while clark gave him the side eye. "is there a problem, clark?"

he just shook his head and laughed. "nothing, it's nothing. i'll see you guys tonight." he spat dryly.

her legs bobbed up and down in charlie's car. her nerves were going to get the best of her. diana put her hand on her knee and smiled. "you got this, babe!" she kissed her forehead and laughed.

they pulled up to the building that looked almost like a library. she soon saw cole and xavier waving from the side doors. "look at this star!" he hugged her. "i cannot believe i am at your first gig! ah!" they hugged again. "let's go in now so you can set up."

the building was crowded, causing anne's butterflies to become moths. they situated her in a room in the back. there was a couch and mirror. she tuned her ukulele until her name was called and the applause began. she checked her outfit in the mirror. the red halter top hugged her body and her mom jeans felt like they were cutting off circulation. this brought back memories of the tour with sawyer. one of the worst experiences she has had. being ignored by sawyer and uncomfortable around his bandmates. she was lost in her thoughts until cole appeared in the corner of the mirror. "c'mon!"

she walked onto stage and smiled as the crowd went wild. "hi, im anne. with an e." she laughed as the crowd did. the light was almost blinding. "i am a youtuber who sings. original, right? tonight i am going to sing a few favorites." she began to play here comes the sun and suddenly the nerves went away as she played. a few sang along while others just smiled at her talent.

after six songs, her final one was soon to play. before she could make up her mind, gilbert caught her eyes. watching in awe at her every move. her stomach got all bubbly and her cheeks red., remembering the night they kissed. and the night she bailed on him. "my final song is dedicated to a special someone. we've been through....a lot but they don't fail to make me smile." can't help falling in love left her lips as she stared down gilbert. the two had smiles on their faces, almost forgetting the nights where they fought and swore they hated each other. even though, they both knew they loved each other. as the song ended, she thanked the crowd and ran off stage. in her dressing room was willow.

"wil! thanks for coming! where's autumn?" she held her in her arms.

"out there! i just wanted to be the first to see you and tell you how AMAZING you are, love! also, those eyes you made to gilbert." she turned away, trying to deny it. "c'mon everyone saw it! you two are destined to be with each other! you and gil-" then the door opened, revealing gilbert with a bouquet of sunflowers and daisies. "um, i have to go find autumn!" she gave anne and gilbert a quick hug before rushing out.

"h-hi, thanks for coming!" she gave him a loving hug. "i didn't expect you to come!"

"and not hear you sing? yeah, okay." they laughed. "these are for you. i always liked how the yellow compliments your hair." they both blushed. "a-about the other night i-"

"no, it's my fault. i'm sorry. i just wasn't ready for that. we've been through a lot, gil. you can't help but think twice."

he scratched the back of his neck. "i know, it's just-you know what? i'm done with these excuses." he lightly grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him, kissing her. their lips haven't touched since the party but it felt like just yesterday. he pulled away and kissed her cheek. "you mean so much to me, anne." he whispered before leaving the room. she stood there, speechless. longing for his touch again.

"i know what i'm going to write about."