{ 19 | Colton }

I think my favorite thing to do has become annoying my girlfriend. She's always so serious and focused, which is great that she is determined, but like she needs to learn to live a little. Which is why we find ourselves at Sam's Unlimited.

Sam's Unlimited is this big huge warehouse with lots of arcade and carnival games. They have amazing pizza and an all you can eat icecream bar. It's a great place for kids of all ages. They even have lazer tag and a roller coaster.

Faith turned towards me with disbelief. I chuckled. I told her it was going to be the best date ever and I plan on keeping my promise. I was going to continue with my other promise of teaching her how to live.

"An arcade Ashwood?" She asked. I nodded, grabbing her hand. I pulled her into the building and straight to the register. I paid for our entrance and wristbands for all you can play and eat.

"So, what do you wanna do first?" I asked. She looked around. Kids were running around, laughing. Others had determined looks on their eyes as they played their chosen game. Parents sat in the food area enjoying their free time.

"Is that a roller coaster?" She asked. I looked and saw that there was one. I wasn't sure how one fit in doors, but this one did.

"First ride?" I smirked. She nodded, biting her bottom lip with excitement. "Come on."

I took her hand and pulled her towards it. I could feel her excitement radiating off of her. I smiled wide. I loved being able to make her this happy.

"I still don't understand how this fits inside the building." Faith said as she stared up at the ride. We were about ten people behind and would probably be getting on soon.

"Engineering." I said with a shrug. She giggled. We watched as the rollercoaster sped around the room and looped around. Screams were heard across the room.

"I want to do the go-karts next." She said. She pointed to our left. I nodded.

"We can do whatever you want." I told her. She smiled, making my heart do weird twists in my chest. I didn't know what it meant.

"Next!" The ride attendant shouted. We filed in line up to the ride. Faith went in first, followed by me. We then put on the seatbelts and the bar came down.

"I'm nervous." She said, moving around in her seat.

"It's going to be fine." I told her. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Please keep all hands and feet inside the ride at all times. No usage of phones, tablets, or cameras. Lastly, have fun." The attendant said once everyone was situated and ready to go. He walked behind his little control center and pulled a lever. The ride instantly started.

It started slowly before picking up speed. It then began to climb as it circled around the building. It took shape turns, making Faith collide into me. It then dropped down causing everyone to scream. It took another loop before beginning to slow down.

"Oh my god." Faith said as we came back to where we started. The ride only last for a minute or two, since there isn't my room.

"That was better than I thought an indoor rollercoaster would be." I commented. Faith nodded.

"Go-Kart time!" Faith said reaching for my hand as we stepped off the platform. She then tugged me along to the next ride.

"Are we riding together?" I jokingly asked. Faith gave me a blank look. "I'm kidding. Besides, i'm gonna win."

"Oh, you think you are." She said with a smirk. I chuckled, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. She leaned into my side, relaxing. I kissed the top of her head, feeling whole.

"Together?" The ride attendant asked. I nodded, not really paying attention to his words. I was too focused on the girl beside me. That was, until I felt a slap to my chest.

"No, you idiot. He asked if we were riding together." She said with an eye roll. I smiled sheepishly. "We're riding separately."

"Alright. You there and him there." The attendant said. Faith nodded, before sprinting off to her assigned kart. I took my time to get to my own. I sat in and placed the seatbelt on. I then adjusted the seat to accommodate my legs.

"Same rules as everything else. No bumping or causing collisions. Keeps all body parts inside and have fun." The attendant said. I stifled a laugh. He seemed to not want to be here. "Keep your eyes on the traffic light. You may all go when it turns green. The gas pedal is on the right and brake on the left."

He then walked to his station as the traffic signal turned on. I put my game face on, seeing that Faith was sitting in the very front. I bet she did that on purpose. I'm not sure how, but she definitely did.

I focused on the lights and pressed on the gas pedal as soon as it switched from yellow to green. The kart began to move as all others did too. I struggled to steer as many were also trying to get into the lead. We rounded corners. Some crashed into others. I smirked as I saw Faith's red kart up in front. She seemed to be gaining up on whoever was leading the pack.

Shouts of disappointment were heard behind me, causing me to turn around. That was a bad choice. Seeing people on the side, turned the wrong way, made me not seeing what was coming up. It was a turn and it was too late to steer into the opposite direction.

Crashing, my body lunged forward. My chest hit the wheel, making me groan in pain. Well there goes me winning. Faith was not going to stop singing. I can already hear her melodic voice.

"I see that you are one of the nosy ones." One of the attendants came to help me reverse. That was the main reason everyone was having difficulty in this race. These karts only went forward.

"I'm not nosy." I pouted. I turned my head and saw Faith was rounding yet another corner. There were still about five or seven people in it. She was currently the leader. I couldn't really see her face from this distance, but I knew she had a determined look on her face.

"Is that your girlfriend?" The attendant asked. I nodded, feeling my frown turn upside down. If she was happy, then I was happy. "Keep her and do whatever you can to not lose her. Those special someones only come once in a lifetime."

"I don't plan on ever letting her go." I said. My heart skipped a beat as I saw her cross the finish line. "Oh no."

"She won." He commented. I nodded. "Never gonna hear the end of it."

"I know." I groaned. He then helped me face the right direction. "Thanks."

"No problem. Now finish the race to be with your girl." He said. I nodded, placing my right foot on the gas pedal again. I took caution rounding the corners, not wanting to need help again. That was pathetic.

I crossed the finish line, seeing Faith with a huge smirk. I groaned. I then parked the kart where we began. Taking my seatbelt off, I took my sweet time. I didn't want to hear her bragging. I adjusted my pants, feeling them slide down a little south before walking over to her.

"I won." Faith smirked as she said it in a teasing tone. I let out a small laugh, rolling my eyes. She smiled up at me. My heart did the skippy thing again.

"I think I ultimately won." I whispered, not intended for her to hear.

Staring down at her blue eyes, I felt conflicted. Every time I was with her, I forgot about everything else. She made me smile. She made me laugh. She was gorgeous and sassy. She was timid and smart. She got along with my friends and managed to make them love her. One would think that there wasn't anything wrong with that, but there was.

I had never ever felt this way for anyone before and I didn't know how to decipher it. I had been ignoring this emotion for a while now and tonight, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Seeing her have fun and enjoying herself made me happier than anything else ever could, not even soccer. I smiled every time she'd turn to look at me with so much excitement and joy. She could be doing the smallest of things, but just seeing her made my whole world. I didn't understand it, but now I do, especially after my small conversation with the attendant.

I, Colton Ashwood, have fallen in love with Faith Baxter.

~~~~~~
All I can say is (;
xoxo,
Liv814
p.s. go check out my own personal love story - Take Me Out to the Ball Game