{ 2 | Faith }

The elevator doors shut as I catch a last glimpse of him. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Oh my god. I cannot believe I just did that. Oh god. What is wrong with me? He did nothing wrong, yet I was being completely and utterly rude. What was I thinking?!

I was just minding my own business when the disgusting smell of beer flooded my nose. I grimaced as I saw one of the most attractive males I had ever seen in my life walked down the steps of my building. If it weren't for the smell he was giving off, I would have been a puddle of drool.

He seemed to be surprised at my words. But, come on. The guy smelled disgusting and not to mention he had a hickey on his neck. That was even more gross than the smell. I don't understand why girls place hickeys where they can be seen. I never let Nick give me those. Ugh! I need to not think about that reptile. He's out of my life and that's how it's supposed to stay!

I stepped out of the elevator and into my hall. I was quiet as I opened the door to my dorm room. My best friend Aly was sound asleep. I had left the room to read in the lobby, where I could have the light on. I tipped toed over to my bed and slid in. I was still in my baggy shirt and running shorts, not having bothered to change before leaving. Upon realization of my current outfit, I groaned. The hot guy saw me looking like trash. My hair was even in the messiest of buns and I had no makeup on. I didn't think anyone would be awake. Kill me now.

"Shut up!" Aly said a few seconds after I let out yet another sound of annoyance. I turned and saw her hugging her pillow close to her body. A frown was on her face.

"Sorry." I whispered. She mumbled in her sleep before snoring again. I sighed. I wish I could sleep in, but my body liked to be up at the crack of dawn. I blame it on my old job. I'd wake up at four to be able to serve coffee before school. Everyone wanted their caffeine for the day. I was one of them.

I grabbed my phone and saw a text from my mom. I was only a month into college and she was nonstop texting me. I'm not sorry I moved to the other side of the country, but I was done with living in Bluebell. Everything is known by everyone. I hated it. So when I had the chance to leave it all behind, I took it. I wanted to start fresh in a brand new place. I'm finally able to keep low and no one knows about me or my past. The past would finally be able to stay in the past.

hi sweetie, i hope you're doing great. momma loves and misses you.

I sighed as I read the text. She was probably on the porch with a hot mug of coffee. She'd be sitting in her rocking chair, enjoying the cool morning breeze. She always did love the morning. Maybe that's where I got it from. I quickly typed back that I missed her too, before going to Twitter.

I didn't have social media before college. It wasn't needed back home since everyone knew everything. Perks of living in such a small town. I scrolled through the feed and saw a picture that a girl in one of my classes posted. It was her holding a red Solo cup as she hung onto some guy. My eyes widened as I saw those blue eyes. It was the guy from downstairs.

"Of course she would hang around him." I mumbled to myself. He seemed like that type of person.

"Can you shut up? I'm trying to sleep." Aly groaned from my side. I sighed. How can she still be asleep?

"I'm sorry Al, I just did something that probably would have caused me my life, again." I told her. She instantly sat up. Her eyes were full of worry. "I'm exaggerating."

"Don't say things like that." Aly said sliding out of bed. She pulled her blond hair into a high ponytail before slipping on a pair of leggings. She was only wearing a large t-shirt.