{ 15 | Colton }

Feeling my muscles ache, I dropped the bar onto the ground, being careful to not drop it on my feet. It made a thud, earning a few glances from people nearby. I had been in the gym for over an hour, trying to ignore the fact that Faith didn't trust me enough to tell me about this Nick guy. I didn't want to pressure her into telling me, but I needed to know.

He had hurt her in some shape or form and it was killing me not knowing. Somehow in the last two weeks of me knowing that I do like Faith as more than just a one night stand and want to give us a shot, I have grown immensely protective of her. I don't want anyone to even come close enough to her to hurt a hair on her head.

Damn, when did I become like this? Is this considered love? Nah. I won't ever fall in love.

"Everything is going to be okay." Justin reminded me. He kept repeating himself, only adding fuel to the ever growing fire. I would have loved to come to the gym alone, but I needed someone with me while weightlifting. I needed to stay healthy and intact. I wasn't going to risk injuring myself, especially with the season beginning.

"Shut up." I mumbled. Justin raised an eyebrow, making me sigh. "I suggested coming to the gym because I wanted to get my mind off everything with Faith. I didn't want to keep talking about it."

"I know dude, but you just get more worried the longer we're here. That look on your face is only increasing." Justin responded. I sighed. Yeah, this was not working out. I swear my thoughts are consumed by her and only her. I have it bad.

"Do you know anything?" I asked him. We grabbed our things and walked towards the locker room. We had been here long enough.

"About?" Justin asked. He stared at me with confusion.

"This Nick guy, her ex boyfriend." I replied. Justin shook his head. I sighed. I would have thought that Alyson would have told him. They tell each other everything.

"All I know was that I came to visit once during their senior year and Faith was madly in love. I don't ever recall a moment she wasn't love sick." Justin said. As he spoke, my stomach twisted into knots. I could not be jealous. This guy hurt her. He's some dick that didn't deserve her. I swear if I see him anywhere near her, I was going to break his face.

"Did you ever meet him?" I asked. Justin stopped shuffling through the temporary locker.

"I think so." He said, trying to recall. My eyes widened as an idea formed in my brain. "What?"

"We're going on a hunt." I said with a smirk. Justin's confused face only stayed on his face.

"I want to give this guy a piece of my mind." I told him. I grabbed a clean shirt from my duffel bag and switched it out for the sweaty one I was wearing. Justin also changed into a new set of clothes. I'd shower once I got back to my room.

"What makes you think we are going to find him? This is a big school." Justin asked. I smirked.

"Because you know what he looks like, plus the guys on the team will help us. I mean you are team captain  They will do whatever you say." I said in a duh tone. Justin nodded, processing my words.

"Fine. Let's go. If we're going to do this, we're going to start with Reagan. If anyone is going to know him, it's her." Justin said. I groaned, but nodded. As much as I didn't want to talk to her, she'd know about every guy transferring to Stanford. Especially, if he's a guy that she hangs around, which seems true, based on what Faith has told me.

"Come on. I know where she is." I said to Justin. He nodded, following me out of the locker room.

-