Come home

MADDIE POV

It had been another week and Nate hadn't woken up from his operation, They said it was normal and they'd give it a couple more days before doing anything drastic, They had discharged me from my room on Wednesday and I hadn't left Nates bedside since, Mom and Dad wanted me to come home but I was adamant I was staying until he woke up.

Tammy and Lorna had to go home...again,  They told me about Flynns Mom, I'd only known about her so long but it was still sad, Police were investigating into Kaden and his life, Family that kind of thing, Albie and Lorna Still hadn't spoken, Jay and Abi had gone home along with them.

Tammy and Lorna were talking to their parents about the move back as that time had come, Yeah...Wow, Summer again, Thinking about it we weren't in a completely different situation this time last year...Only then, No one was dead or dying, Ha...those were the days.

The recent fear that had settled in us all was just simmering at the surface but we had composed ourselves so it wouldn't show, And it was staying they way, I had to go back to school on Monday as I only had a short while left and we had prom and everything coming up and final exams, It was all moving so quickly.

At six tonight Mom somehow managed to drag me away from Nate's bedside so they could do a check up on his stats so I went home, Showered, Brushed my teeth and fell asleep even though 75% of my time in hospital was spent sleeping, Everything had just knocked it out of me and when my head hit the pillow I fell asleep and forgot the world for a bit.

ALBIE POV

"You came home then?" I ask Maddie as she sits at the counter surprising the whole family, This was one of those rare moments when we were all home and having breakfast together, Though Will will be going back to college on Monday, Mom and Dad will go back to work and Eva and Cae will go on with their lives.

Considering how close we all used to be a couple years ago it's all changed, Back in Mass I would have never have hung around with Maddie and her friends, We would pass awkwardly in the hall, possibly saying hi but nothing much, But here it was totally different, Okay so I sometimes hung around with the guys on the football team but not very often.

"Yeah"She says not looking up from her cereal that she was slowly moving around her bowl, not once lifting it up to her mouth, eventually she gives up and pushes it away from her, "Mom can I go to the hospital?"She asks mom sighs but nods.

"Fine but you're coming back at five, okay?"She orders.

"Alright, Bye"She kisses mom and dad on the cheek before grabbing her keys and going out the door.

MADDIE POV

I walk into the hospital and go up to the Secretary.

"Hi, I'm here to visit Nathan Pritchard"I say, she smiles tells me to sign in then go into the waiting room until a nurse lets me in, I nod and go off, I sit swinging my feet off the chair.

"You can go in now"A nurse smiles and I walk into the room.

"Hi Nate"I say sitting down next to his unmoving figure, "So, I'm sorry I went home, Mom made me, if I has it my way I would have stayed by your side waiting until you woke, I'm kinda glad I did, it wouldn't be a very nice first sight of me being here with my hair messy and looking rough and tired, To be honest you're not looking so great yourself, better than yesterday I admit, I forgot to tell you something, Flynns Mom died the other day, He's doing okay, So's Margie-His Nan- She's just hoping her son doesn't go too, Have you ever met Flynns parents?....No...C'mon just move, just a little, show me a sign you can hear me."I watch but he doesn't move, "I hit my head on the shower yesterday...C'mon Nate, tell me what an idiot I am, Tell me what a stupid thing it was to do so we can laugh about it together, Remember how it used to be, Back before Christmas we would hang around talking about random things acting like idiots...Don't die on me yet Nate, I was thinking stupidly taking off the ring, What was I thinking? How could I ever been in my right mindto let you-the best thing in my life-go, Oh I wasn't in my right mind, Just wake up Nate, I'll tell you everything, I promise....Just don't go yet please"I beg my voice breaking, Doctors had said there was a 30% chance of him not making it, I didn't want to think about that but with him laying there unconscious and silent it gives you the illusion he won't make it.... But he has to.

I look at him, it's as if he's just in a deep sleep, his chest us moving evenly...wait it's moving faster, Oh God his breath has quickened and the heart monitor is going berserk....No, No...Nate stay with me.

"Nurse...NURSE HELP!"I call out, I watch as he starts quivering his breath way too quick, Doctors and nurses rush in and I get ushered out of the room the most terrifying noise ever screamed out to me.

The line has gone dead.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys,

Hi.....So....Sorry....I guess, Kinda sorry it isn't very long either, I'm just so tired on my first week back and I wanted to leave it there.

My first week back was really good, I love my lessons, some are a bit yawn atm but it is like their first lessons, I'm sure I'll get into it (You will too my mini friend) and Joseph looks amazing, I'm kinda excited for this year...

Song recommended- Bang Bang~ Jessie J, Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande.

Melx