23. Inner Turmoil

Thanks for the votes and comments. I just want to pray for all the Indian soldiers who are injured due to Pulwama attack and RIP for all the soldiers who Martyred. It is the most cowardice act of Pakistan terrorist who even don't have the guts to stand in front of our army and face them. They know if they stood then there will be no chance of living. A salute to our soldiers who sacrificed their life. 

__________________________________________

  "Get ready Nandini, I found the man who injected 'Inakil' to your mother's body." This made me squeal in happiness and I told Diya about this and she was happy in my happiness. I quickly got ready and entered the car.

  "How did you find him? Where is he? Are you sure he is the one? First.." I was cut off by Manik when he pecked my lips without warning. He grinned at me "The best way to stop you from blabbering. I will note it for the future." This made me blush like a tomato. He chuckled at my reaction.

  "Actually I sent the files to Dr Marihal of all the interns who were caught doing illegal and suspected doing illegal . He was confused between 5 interns, as they were joined at the same time. Two were ruled out, as they joined after your mother's death. Remaining 3 were the challenge. So I sent it to Abhi, asking his help. There was a nurse in his hospital who identified this intern." Wow I never thought Manik would take this matter seriously. I also want to tell him about my father.

  "You may be thinking how did that nurse knew? That nurse joined at the time when that intern joined. She had a crush on him so she used to follow him every where. She told that he injected 'Inakil' to 5 more patients as she saw the label on the med's container. She knew it precisely as she tried to explore that meds to get a knowledge but she didn't find any info about it. When we asked about it, she remembered that and told about this intern. I have informed Harshad, he traced the current location and now I think he has reached." he said with a smile.

  I took a deep breath and pecked Manik's cheeks. He lost his balance of car moving like a snake. After he got control he looked at me wide eyed. "I can also surprise you Mr. Malhotra." I said without looking at him with a smirk on my face. Soon we reached the spot and I was totally ready experiment my fifteen minutes defence class which I took 6 years back.

  Harshad stood there with tense expression. When I entered I was about to puke. There was a dead body of a man whose throat was wringed. Yeah, excessive seeing CID makes you this expert. Whole body was with blood oozing like rivers. His eyes were open.

  I went outside and drank some water. Manik was beside me whole time. Harshad came in his glory and stood before me. "He is the intern you mentioned Manik." he said. "How did it happen?" Manik a sked him with worried tone.

  "When we came here, his door was left ajar. So we entered the house only witness this scene in front us. Till now it is cleared that someone has wringed his neck. I think he is stronger than him. The door was totally ok, there could not be seen even a scratch which means he knew that person. His mobile is missing. We got the information about him through this mobile. I think the victim was killed just a few minutes before we arrived. We tried tracing it again but found switched off."

  Oh god! the one who was responsible for my mother's death was dead. "Did you ask any near by people?" I asked trying to get more information. "My team is investigating, it would be better if you two leave as I can be in sever problem of leaking a murder information to you two." he said a bit worried. We bid him a goodbye and entered the car. To divert the attention I told him about my new found information of my father.

"So, what do you want to do?" He asked which I nodded with a no indicating of my own turmoil of what to do? He stopped the car in front of a café. It was a deserted place and making business here was like getting mango from tree during winter. He took my hand in his and entered the café. The café had the homely feeling. It was made of bamboo with wood furniture. I could smell the fragrance of cinnamon, coffee and many other things. the feeling of refreshment enveloped me.

  A waitress of about 50 came to us with a typical green and red border saree. Her smile was the one thing, I loved the most which abolished all her aging faults. Soon we ordered our coffees and a comfortable silence surrounded us. "Call your dad and ask him his well being" this made me look at the person in front of me who maintained his calmness. "I know you are guilty but taking the guilt on your shoulders is like a bulldozer on your back. So call him ask his well being, he thinks you gave a chance to him. In this fiasco you had the equal share of mistake Nandini. I thought your father did not care you but now I think I also made a mistake with only getting the half knowledge. But don't let him know that you are investigating your mother's case. "

  I nodded with a smile for his advice. He is the best for suggestion.