7.It Was A Heart Attack?

I always thought that family is the one I craved since 4 years but now I hate myself for crying for them. Currently I am in my new apartment given by my company. When I say apartment is large, it's not enough, because it is enormous. I called Deepa and explained all the things happened in these two days. I also invited Ruby but she said that she has some work and promised to join me tomorrow for transferring my mom's things.

  I remembered Deepa's words to Manik and started beating her.

Deepa: Geez girl, are you gone nuts by your family drama? Why the hell are you beating me?

 The nerve of this girl to ask me what she had done.

Me: Yeah who is the one who told to Manik that I will go date with him. You know, because of your date promise, he stole my first, second, third and fourth kisses.

Deepa: Did he kissed you on your lips?

  I nodded to which her jaw dropped and I doubt that it may reach ground, if she kept like that. Suddenly she started laughing and clapping her hands. Now I held her throat and started to squeeze lightly so that she can get my warning. I lost my kisses and this so called friend is laughing. She still has the audacity to laugh so I left her neck and started hitting her with broom.

   At the same time my phone rang I picked up, but before I say hello this annoying laughing is heard by my ears which made me to drop the phone on the couch and go behind Deepa.

Me: Deepa you annoying , ugly pig. I will kill you. You donkey, monkey, unfaithful bitch, You were the one who agreed on behalf of me to go the date without my permission and you, anaconda has the audacity to laugh on me. I will not leave you. You shit face girl, how dare you do that to me...

  This lovely thing of mine continued till she asked sorry.

Next day

 I called Ruby, Deepa and told what to do about my mom's things. My mom has amazing collection of Sarees, Salwars, Long tops and jewels. I decided that her collection of clothes will be handled by my friend and I will take care of jewellery. But when I got to her room there were books, torn news paper articles and these were her cooking and home made meds instruction. These were very much precious to me because it has her hand writing. Her hand writing was the best thing which I loved the most.

  There came Deepa, Ruby and Deepa's boyfriend, Harshad. They were having argument right? I will talk to Deepa about this later. I asked Deepa, Ruby to take clothes and books. I took jewels and news paper cuttings. Harshad said it would be better if he comes with me as I was taking gold and he has brought gun with him.

   Harshad is really a nice person because in collage when I complained about a boy teasing me, Harshad warned that boy even before I told Deepa. I asked how he knew? His answer was 'A citizen should never be afraid of anything wrong, should not tolerate the wrong things and fight back against the wrong things' I knew then and there that he would be best of the police officers.

  I was packing the jewel when I saw a man in his police uniform pass by the room so I peeked outside. "Sir, we need sign to these documents. Actually, your wife had applied for the passport application but her death due to heart attack cancelled this. So we need your sign sir." The police man said to my father. I took the documents and verified if there is any mistake but it had doctors sign too. "Sir, but my mother died due to spreading of cancer, not heart attack sir." I said to which my father also nodded with a scowl.

  "No mam there has to be some mistake, I have checked the post-mortem report too, it says the same." he said making us understand. "Can we get a copy of it?" I asked to which "Sorry mam, you need to take permission of higher authorities for that. I cannot help you in any way. " he said. My father signed the papers and police man, I think he is a constable went away.

  "I will arrange the post- mortem Nandu, don't worry." Harshad gave the solution to my unvoiced problem. I thanked him and we collected all the things. I had opened a locker in bank, so I kept every jewellery I brought. My thoughts drifted to the heart attack thing. During mom's death I didn't give all time for this. I was so busy in crying, I didn't even see who came to visit my mom the last time.

  I checked the email sent by my boss. When I saw I can start my work after a week, I didn't even see which company or what project I have to do. I will open it tomorrow and check the details.