Epilogue

The small boy with raven curls fell down upon his bottom and began to sniffle with the threat of tears.  But before he could cry out to his mommy that he needed her attention, another boy, who was almost whole year older than he was appeared before him and held out his chubby hand in offer of help.  The smaller boy took the offered hand, but alas the older boy didn't really have the strength to help him up so in the end he had to push himself to his feet anyhow.  The two boys giggled a little bit and then were scolded by a pint sized girl, who had toddled over in order to nag them, just like she'd seen other mummies do when their babies were naughty.

The two boys looked at each other and ran away from the child, leaving her stunned and a minute later, she began to cry.  She was comforted by another little girl, equal to her in height and just happened to be her sister.

"What's the matter, Chiru?" A warm, loving voice called to her and she toddled quickly into her mummy's arms. 

She pointed to where the boys had ran off to and began to tattle on them in sounds that did not quite form actual words.  In understanding, her sister patted her back before indicating that she too wished to be hugged by mummy.  Mummy then rubbed her nose against hers and Chiru's sweetly and the girls giggled, completely forgetting about the boys.  Both were picked up and carried to where daddy and their uncles and aunties waited for them.

Their daddy turned around and smiled broadly when he saw them approaching.  "There's my beloved wife and daughters!" He said, affectionately.

"Husband," mummy corrected him, he often had to do that, but the girls were not sure why.  Ryota ignored Yori's correction, gathering his family into his embrace and kissing them all soundly.

It had been almost five years since they had become a bonded pair and four years since they became married in the eyes of the law.  And eighteen months ago, they were blessed with twin Alpha daughters, not that their secondary gender mattered one bit to either man.  Chiru was the elder of the two, she had chocolate brown hair and obsidian eyes, while her small sister, Koharu had midnight hair and steely grey eyes.  The two were the small mistresses in the home, absolute rulers and adorable tyrants.

"Ah?  Why are your hands all dirty, Akahito?" Eiko sighed as she kneeled before her petulant son, who pouted sulkily and tried hiding his muddy hands behind his back.  It was futile as his mommy was ever sharp eyed and reached to grab the wet wipes and clean his hands.  He gazed at her through his large black lashes, his eyes dampening with unshed tears.  She kissed his forehead and ruffled his black curly hair, showing that she was not mad at him and he quickly ran off to find his playmate. 

"Eiko, do you have the wet wipes?" Her husband called out from inside the cottage that came with the countryside motel that Ryota now owned and managed.  "Tori needs a nappy change." Soft cooing followed his words as the man lovingly spoke to his cute baby boy. 

Eiko had gifted him with two Alpha sons and so ecstatic had he become after Tori's birth, he had sought to reconcile with his parents, wanting to share his joy, wanting them to meet all of their grandchildren, but his stubborn parents refused to acknowledge him.  In their eyes, they now only had their daughter and the children she produced with the husband they chose for her.  While Hideaki felt saddened by their rejection, he also believed that they inevitably were the ones who were losing out in the long run.

Chiru wriggled in Yori's arms and the omega gently settled her down onto the ground with her sister.  The two girls toddled towards the cottage wanting to play with some toys, hand in hand. "Is it alright not to follow them?" Carlton, Sierra's husband cautiously asked.  The man always became a little awed around the two tiny girls, so different from his rough and tumble son, Arthur.  He and Akahito had become fast friends over the years, but it was difficult for everyone to get together, so busy were they all with their own lives.