Chapter Twenty

"Wait really?" Yori nodded and a wide grin spread across Ryota's face.  His fingers stroked the lines of Yori's face as he starred into his eyes. "I knew you were amazing.  How could you have ever claimed that you were Just Yori or just an Omega?"

Yori felt the heat rise in his cheeks, more so when Ryota repeated these words the following day as they sat with Kenta Himura in his study as dinner was being prepared.

"And what caught your interest about our Yori?" Himura was warming up to fully interrogate his ward's would be lover.

"At first," Ryota said, honestly, "it was curiosity.  Who was that attractive person and why was he always hiding in the corner of my sister's cafe?  And later, it was because I wanted to solve the mystery of him, I knew he would be an amazing person and I was 100% right."  And there it was, the flush of warmth that Ryota always seemed to be able to inflict upon him with his silver tongue.  The heat rose a degree or two and in alternative places as thoughts of just how talented that tongue could be flashed through his mind.

"Your sister?" Himura asked, not noticing Yori beginning to fidget slightly.

"Hmm, Keko," Ryota had noticed and was inwardly amused. "I was raised as a foster child by her parents when I was in my teen years.  I was my birth parents only child while growing up, so I've always viewed her as the sister I never had."

"May I ask what happened to your birth parents?" Himura questioned.

"It's no secret," Ryota shrugged, leaning forward slightly as he spoke. His hands clasped together between his knees. "They passed away when I was twelve.  It was a car accident.  I was... at a friends house at the time."  Yori felt for him.  Granted, he did not have much good experience with 'parents,' so he could not really know what the man had gone through, but he could sense the hint of sadness as he spoke.  He reached out and touched Ryota's hand, unsure what else to do.  The Alpha's eyes met his in the next breath causing a new warmth to spread through his chest.  Himura was sharp enough to detect the undercurrent between the two men and inwardly felt some satisfaction regarding his boy's progress... though he would continue to vet this potential beau.  Only the best for his Yori.

"I like that woman's cakes," Himura said bluntly, speaking of Ryota's claimed sister.

"You've eaten them before?" Yori asked, curiously.  He knew that his uncle was aware that the girls were his friends, but he couldn't imagine the old man tucking into their cakes and pastries.  He wasn't sure why, though.  Himura could be fairly down to Earth.

"Of course I have," Himura grunted as he rose to pour himself a shot of whiskey.  He offered both his guests a drink of the amber liquid, but both declined.  "I kept an eye on Aisha after she and you decided to play date."  Yori's eyes widened in slight horror, before glancing at Ryota.  They hadn't spoken in depth about their pasts, it hadn't mattered too much until recently.

Ryota patted his hand reassuringly.  "I already know about you and Aisha," he advised him.  "Well, not in detail.  She confessed to blackmailing you into dating her."

Himura burst out laughing, his booming voice completely belying his age.  "And do you know why?" Ryota shook his head.  "Because her parents put her on the spot and told her that she was going to marry one of my grandson's.  They hadn't even let her meet him, let alone sought her opinion.  Poor kid turned ice white in front of me, thought she was going to faint.  I hadn't even been aware that she was so clueless.  I berated the pair for that!  Next thing I knew, they were begging my apologies as Aisha had decided to date some unknown author and could they delay the wedding."

"Delay?" Both men glanced at each other.  Although Yori had known that Aisha had used to him to cancel her engagement, he wasn't aware that her parents were just planning to let their daughter spread her wings a little bit before completely clipping them mid flight.