Chapter Twenty Nine

Ryota stayed with Yori that night, they spent the time simply holding each other with the Alpha's touches being simple and soothing, until Yori drifted off to sleep to the calming, steadiness of his voice. 

In the morning, they had a quiet meal together and Yori obediently took his suppressant with a glass of water before reassuring his lover that he would be find home alone.  Only, on some instinctive note, Ryota decided to check in on Yori that evening. He heard the locks on the door unlatch hurriedly and was pounced upon and clung to, his lover shaking within his arms.  It took a while to calm Yori down, who just apologised and eventually admitted that he had spent the day huddled in his room, flinching to every unexpected sound and to not even be able to cross the threshold of his living room. The two men decided to contact Kenta Himura for some assistance.

Though Ryota would rather be with Yori to help him in the aftermath of his ordeal, he knew his resolve would be sorely tested, if not impossible to keep should Yori enter his expected heat.  They had already advised Uncle Himura of what had happened, robbing the old man of speech for several minutes, before he told Yori not to worry, that he did not condone what his grandson had done at all.  In fact, the old man's list of curse words and imaginative descriptions impressed Ryota, who made a note of a few in his mind.  Himura was not as susceptible as a virile Alpha was to Yori's pheromones, would not react at all so long as Yori maintained taking the suppressants, that and his home was large.  So Yori spent his most vulnerable time tucked away in his old bedroom from his late teen years. Yet during the moments that he was not suffering a rising convulsion of his heat he could be found texting his lover constantly, needing the man's reassurance, even if it was just by phone.

Over the next month, Valentine's Day and the wedding fair took much of Ryota's time at work, while Yori continued to hide himself at Himura's, tapping away at his laptop.  Ryota spent as much time with him as possible, when not working, coaxing him from his laptop so they could eat together, watch television together or just cuddle up together. Yori was content with this, but it should be noted that he had not yet left Himura's mansion, even though his heat had long since past.

So Yori was ousted from the mansion completely by Ryota and Himura and taken to attend a therapy session, where he eventually came to terms with the fact that he was still hiding away from what had occurred to him rather than face it.  It did not help that Tatsuya was out on bail and Uncle Himura had heard that his lawyers planned to plead guilty due to momentary insanity.  The prosecuting lawyer had already warned them that although they might not get the justice Yori deserved, he would endeavour to push for a jail term.

Himura had fired Tatsuya from his company, bringing the wrath of his daughter to his household. However she was quickly quietened as Himura threatened to not only disinherit her, but remove her whole family from the family records. He even revealed that due to the quiet adoption some thirteen years ago, that Tatsuya had threatened to rape his own uncle! Such a scandal could drag the whole family down, so the woman who had schemed endlessly for so many years was finally brought to heel.

Nothing came of Tatsuya's threat to prosecute Ryota for assault.  Yori suspected that his Uncle had a hand in this as well.

Yori's injuries healed over the weeks until his skin resumed it's pale jade like appearance that Ryota often praised him for and the starlike twinkles began to reignite in his eyes.  It had been almost seven weeks since the assault and Yori was taking his first steps back into his old home, pots of paint in hand.  Ryota had suggested that perhaps a way of altering his perception of the room in which the attack had occurred would be to redecorate it, new paint, new furnishings, a new beginning.  They had fought a little over the colour; Ryota had suggested something warm and vibrant, whereas Yori was leaning to something more neutral, yet wasn't much different than its original.  In the end, Ryota convinced him to have a feature wall with a rustic orange shade, with his more neutral warm hessian colour upon the other three.