f i v e

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀—𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀
—𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶—

     𝙉𝙀𝙀𝘿𝙇𝙀𝙎𝙎 𝙏𝙊 𝙎𝘼𝙔, Bailey had easily made it onto the swimming team— and, as Jax had said while helping her out of the pool earlier— had done it with 'flying colors'. Daniel, along with Diego and all of the other members, were truly impressed with her performance and didn't even have to put her membership to a vote. It was a silent agreement between all of them when she nearly beat Daniel's swimming record.

So now here she is, the very next day, standing outside of the school building and staring at it with hesitance. Although Jax and Daniel hadn't fought during the meeting, the Dai girl couldn't help but think that they might do it again. She considered trying to keep them away from each other, but then changed her mind; they probably avoided one another anyway, so there would be no reason to intervene. Stepping inside of the high school, she releases a long, drawn-out sigh from the refreshing wave of air-conditioning that cools her body instantly.

But then the atmosphere changes; in a quick moment, she notices Jax walking towards her with a smile. And now she wasn't cold, but warm— it started in her chest, and spread through her limbs. His beautiful smile was contagious, bringing a smile to Bailey's lips.

"Good morning," Jax greets as he stops in front of her. "You look lovely as always— and you're practically glowing. That wouldn't have to do with the swim meet last night, would it?"

He's dressed in the usual uniform, looking dashing as ever. His hair was combed back, but a few strands fell at the sides of his face that left the impression of his motorcycle ride to school. The short girl could've melted in her shoes, staring into his honey-brown eyes that dared someone to get lost in them.

Bailey's heart flutters, and her cheeks tinge a light shade of pink. Jax notices the small reaction, his grin growing wider. He loved having that affect on her— being able to see her face light up in a way that only he seemingly could.

"It absolutely would," she nods, partially lying. Yes, the fact that she was on the team was quite exhilarating, but there was more to it than that. The teen had spent the entire day with Jax yesterday, and that meant something to her . . . but perhaps it didn't to him. "I went to bed early last night, and woke up fully rested this morning. Today is going to be a nice day, I can feel it."

In fact, Jax could feel the same thing. He wouldn't admit it if she ever asked, but he had stayed up most of the night memorizing what he would say to her today. It would have killed his confidence if anyone ever found out, so he would keep it a secret. But somehow, despite his lack of sleep, he had woken up feeling bright— like a ray of sunshine.