t h r e e

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀—𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀
—𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴—

𝘽𝘼𝙄𝙇𝙀𝙔 𝘾𝙊𝙐𝙇𝘿 𝙍𝙀𝙈𝙀𝙈𝘽𝙀𝙍 one of the worst days of her life; it happened nearly six years ago, just before she turned ten. It was Valentine's Day, and the holiday of love had fallen on a Tuesday. The small girl had spent the entire week before perfecting her valentines for her classmates, and had paid special attention to one in particular‒ the glittery card she had concocted for Benjamin Reeves, who was her crush at the time. Her whole heart had been put into the work, as she planned on spilling her feelings to him after he opened the creation. That moment would mean the world to her. She could just imagine his reaction.

Unfortunately, it hadn't gone as she had planned. Instead of smiling at the labor she had put into his gift, or even showing the slightest amount of gratefulness or regard for her feelings, he had cringed at the bright pink glitter that stuck to his hands. Benjamin had tried to wipe it all off, gagging dramatically as he tossed her valentine into the trash and made a beeline for the restroom to remove the foulness on his palms. From that day on, Bailey Grace Dai had despised Tuesdays. It may seem substantial to some, but it seemed that everything that went wrong in her life took place on a Tuesday. In fourth grade, her pet turtle, Winnie, had passed away on a Tuesday. During her freshman year, she had tripped on a pencil, fallen down a flight of stairs, and broken her leg— on a Tuesday.

So the fact that today was a Tuesday didn't make her joyed or happy in the least. In fact, it made her cautious of her surroundings, and even moreso with the people around her. Surely something would go wrong, so the Dai girl just needed to pay a little more attention on this particular day of the week than she did during the others.

"Good morning," Jax grins, appearing beside her locker in an instant. "You look lovely today. Trying to impress someone?"

Bailey sighs, groaning as she closes the door on her locker to lean on it. "I didn't get very much sleep last night, so I'm sure I'm a sight for sore eyes. Tuesdays just aren't for me, like Mondays aren't for everyone else. I deserve some leniency."

But actually, Jax hadn't been sarcastic when he told her she looked lovely. He was stating the obvious, but the boy wasn't about to admit that. Bailey's hair was in a messy bun, and the only trace of makeup on her face was a small application of mascara that she barley convinced herself to put on this morning. Yet she effortlessly looked flawless, putting him in such a state of awe that he didn't realize she had already began talking to him. With a frown, Bailey releases a soft sigh.

"Is it really that bad?" She asks quietly, raising an eyebrow. "Seriously Jax, I already know. No need to make it any more evident."

Shaking his head, the wizard pulls himself from his dream state, before holding out his arm for her to take. "Want me to walk you to class? I'd be happy to acquaintance you as a personal chauffeur," Jax offers, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.