o n e

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀—𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀
—𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴—

𝘼𝙎 𝘽𝘼𝙄𝙇𝙀𝙔 𝙁𝙄𝙉𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙔 packs her last book into her new locker, a sigh of relief falls from her lips. On her list of accomplishments for today, she could mark out 'organize the locker', and move on to more important things; such as focusing on making new friends, or signing up for clubs that would look good on her resumé. However, there was something in her way— a person that would likely hold her back from completing her tasks. And that person just happened to lean on the locker next to hers, eyeing her suspiciously.

From the way the blonde girl eyed her, Bailey wasn't sure if she should stick around to find out what she wanted. But the girl swayed as she closed her locker, running her manicured fingers through her golden locks. A raven-haired boy silently joined her side, placing a strawberry smoothie in her grasp.

"So you're the new girl," the blonde says slowly, before giving Bailey a grin that flashed her pearly whites. "I'm Maddie. Your name is Bailey, right?"

Bailey looked at her curiously, scanning over her ordinary uniform, before her gaze ultimately found her neon pink knee-socks and orange pumps. She was a bit overwhelmed for a moment, wondering why she would do such a thing, before she finally met Maddie's eyes. And now that she was looking, Bailey noticed that her eyes were a deep blue that contrasted from her naturally pale face.

"Bailey Dai," the brunette nods, giving Maddie a small smile, before looking expectantly to the boy beside her.

"Diego," he gives her a nod, placing an arm around Maddie's waist. "Everyone has been talking about you around here. Jax Novoa was the last big thing that happened around this school."

In fact, Bailey hadn't really payed any attention to the looks she had been getting today, nor did she want to. They all seemed like friendly glances, so what was there to worry about? Besides, she expected nothing less. This was a town where everyone knew everyone, and a new student was bound to draw at least a little attention.

"It doesn't really bother me," Bailey shrugs, adjusting the strap of her bag on her shoulder. "I've been too busy today, anyway. Would you guys have any suggestions for clubs to sign up for?"

"Proxy is on the swim team," Maddie chimes in, gesturing to Diego. "I'm sure they always need new recruits. That is— if you can swim. But most of the members are boys, so you might want to practice a bit before trying out."

When Bailey lived in Minnesota, she didn't really get the chance to swim as much as she'd like. It was a cold place most of the time, but the scenery was beautiful. Besides that, though, swimming was a pretty big hobby for the teen. And since they had opportunities for that here, she certainly wasn't about to pass it up.