f o u r

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍—𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍
—𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵—

𝙄𝙏 𝙁𝙀𝙇𝙏 𝙎𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙇𝙔 odd that Bailey had the day to herself, all the way up until four o'clock when she would have to face Daniel and Jax again. Hopefully by that time, the two of them would have already put their problems aside— at least for a few minutes to make an honest decision about her swimming efforts. If Bailey was being completely honest with herself, she didn't feel in the slightest bit nervous. In fact, she was overly prepared to see how well she would do; and if things went badly, like Jax said, she could always practice and do it again.

But it wouldn't take too long before the summer weather would be gone— maybe a month, perhaps. It was mid-September already, but the sun outside refused to give out so soon. The Dai girl aches for autumn to roll around, as it was her favorite season, and brought beautiful colors into nature. When the cooler weather rolled around, she knew that she would have a festive list of things to do; purchase some cinnamon bun-scented candles, go to a pumpkin patch, decorate for Halloween, bake fall cookies. Around that time, the brunette would be in the best mood. Her favorite things would come all at once, followed by Christmas; but unfortunately, since Miami was such a naturally warm place, she expected snow wouldn't be a part of the experience.

With a sigh, Bailey places her book bag on her bed, running her hand through her brown locks. Glancing around her newly decorated room, she tilts her head. It could use some more decoration— maybe some lights, or a photo collage. The next time she was out, she would have to find something of the sort. Her favorite books, one-hundred-and-something of them, were organized alphabetically by author on the shelf at the far corner of the room, but the rest of the wall was bare. Bailey definitely wanted to fill the wall up with pictures . . . so that's exactly what she'd do.

A knock on the front door pulls her out of her thoughts, bringing her nothing but confusion. Both of her parents had already left for work by now, and there was no expected company for today. Perhaps it was the neighbors. Bailey walks through the home, pausing at the door for a short moment, before opening it and revealing a guilty face.

Why was Jax Novoa at her home?

"What are you doing here?" She asks, staring up at his wary face, their eyes meeting almost immediately. "You should be at school."

"I think I should apologize," Jax releases a short sigh, his hand finding the back of his neck before giving her a weak smile. "Can I come in?"

"You think you need to apologize?" Bailey raises an eyebrow, before stepping back to give him some space to enter the cozy home. "Come on, I'll fix us some breakfast."