Chapter 12

DEREK POV

I can smell her, the smell of coconut and a whole load of anger which a pinch of sadness or fear I haven't decided which one it is yet. Scarlett, what is she doing here? I start to follow the smell. I step on a twig and made it snap. I see her she's spinning around looking really confused. I place my hand on her shoulder. She turns around and punches my face, making my lip bleed a little.

"I'm so sorry Derek. Are you okay? Your bleeding. Oh my god, I'm so sorry." She apologises.

"It's fine it heal, I am a werewolf," I say and it did right then " But are you okay?"

"Yeah, me, I'm fine" she says but I don't believe her and she knows it "Okay I'm not I've been having these dreams and they're all of people dying,  and I don't know who they are, well I think I don't anyway. I had another one yesterday today and I woke up here and I'm really confused. My clothes are ripped and I've looked better." When she said all of it without breathing, I couldn't stop myself from feeling guilty, because I think I know what's happening to her, but if it is it's just going to make things worse exceptionally for her.

"Scarlett, I think I know what's happening to you but it's a big IF." I says.

"Tell me, I need to know. I need to know I'm not going crazy. Please Derek" She says and I can hear the sadness, pain and confusion in her voice.

I can't tell her all of it now, but I do need to tell her. "Scarlett, *sighs* I think... you're turning... no I ...I know you're a ...werewolf and not any werewolf you can turn into a actual wolf." I say in the kindest voice I could manage.

"No, I can't be. You are the crazy one. That's not possible, but then again werewolves aren't real and one's standing in front of me." The last bit she say to herself but I can still hear her.

There's only one way to prove to her she's a werewolf. I promised myself I wouldn't hurt her, but if I don't she'll hurt herself and the people she loves. I raise my claw and scratch her cheek, see roars back and her eyes change colour into a bloody red. She's a alpha but is she the Alpha? No, she doesn't have a violent bone in her body, even though she punched me earlier she couldn't kill anyone, and she was in a coma when the alpha attacked Garrison.

"Scarlett, your eyes were red. You're a alpha." I say.

"Am I the alpha? That would make sense since I do have dreams of killing people, but what if they're not dreams what if it's my brain telling me." she says.

"You're not the Alpha, Scarlett. Trust me."

"I do, but can you tell me how this is possible? Because to me this is ... this is really confusing and not even that it's .. I don't know what it is? And how come I only changed now?"

"I think it has something to do with Scott and how he's a werewolf," I lied "and the necklace.". Thank god that she doesn't know how to use her wolf hearing yet.

"How do you know about the necklace?"

"You wore it all the time and now you don't. I think it might be a sort of anchor object."

She just nodes. "Can I ask you what happened when you saw my uncle, because I know it wasn't just shock?"

She shakes her head to say no."I should drive you home at least, you need to put the necklace back on and go to school."

She nodes and follows me to my car. When we arrive she gets out and I say "Your smell is different from Scott's." and drove off. Why did I just say that, she probably thinks I'm a right weirdo, but then why do I care?

-+-+-+-+-+TEEN WOLF-+-+-+-+-+

SCARLETT POV

"You smell is different from Scott's." he said and then drove off. Of course I smell different I'm not a boy. I try to open the door but it's locked. How am I supposed to get in.I slide down back against the door and think. Think about how my life is far from normal. First the nightmares, then my dad leaving, My brother getting bit and now me turning into a alpha. I'm a alpha. I'm a alpha! I can jump onto the roof and if I'm right my window should be open. Come on Scarlett you can do this. I push up from the ground and I land on the roof and climb through the window.  I see the necklace on the table and pick it to put around my neck. I should get ready for school.