Chapter 5 - Emily

I rushed to the airport as soon as work was finished hoping not to be caught by the traffic that usually crowded the freeways that took me to the airport. The airport was a good hour and a half away from my apartment so I didn't bother to change from my formal wear. I'm sure Emily would understand, anyways.

When we were young, Emily and I were very close and we hid secrets from our parents, spoke about boys, and even rated them on a scale of one to ten sometimes. We rode our horses together when we visited our grandfathers ranch.

Em was closer to me than my own blood sister was and I hated that. I wish me and Kelsey were closer and shared secrets and had boy-talk time, too bad she was too busy dieting and gyming and undergoing through many, many plastic surgeries.

Kelsey was a model. She has been on the cover of over a million magazines and gets hired to play roles and she has even dated some of the worlds most eligible bachelors. You won't believe how much my mom encourages her and supports her, it's obvious to see that out of the four of us, Kelsey, was the favourite child.

I had two elder brothers, Tristan and Tannah, they were identical twins and the eldest out of all four. Tristan is the 'bad sheep' of our family, he was very rebellious during his teenager days but now he runs a fast food chain while Tannah owns his own business, RedHill Inc. I'm not sure what his business does but I know he is also always in the magazines and is apparently one of the most eligible bachelors living in Britain.

You see my siblings are all successful people and I'm not. I'm not pretty enough to be a model. I'm not brave enough to start up or even own my own business like my elder twin brothers, and that makes my mother turn her nose on me.

All my mother has ever wanted is fame, she wants to be in the limelight and since she couldn't make it, she pressures us to make it for her.

I walk into the airport terminal and spotted Emily immediately by her dyed blonde hair. It was very bright that you could spot her a mile away.

She was tugging her baggage behind her as she smiled brightly and I waved to her. I rushed forward helping her to drag along her things.

"How has your day been?" She asked as she hugged me tightly definitely knocking all the wind out of my system.

"Good, and yours?" I said and she rolled her eyes.

She grinned, "I was stuck at the airport and in an airplane but it was okay,"

"Oh," I said.

Emily was a nervous flyer much like Kelsey. I could see the sadness behind her fake happiness which made me frown slightly.

We drove to my apartment and I showed her to the guest room and left her alone to get comfortable. If something was wrong with her, I'm sure she would tell me.

I did the laundry and decided to ask Emily where she wanted to dine so I knocked on the door gently.

"Hey Em?" I asked softly when I heard sniffles.

"Y-yeah?" She asked her voice cracking and very hoarse.

"May I come in?" I asked her and I heard a muffled yes.

I pushed the door open and saw her on the bed, her eyes red and puffy. Concern for my cousin took over me.

"Why are you crying?" I asked not knowing what to do.

"Just things with...him," she answered slightly hesitating.

"Who?" I asked slightly impatient.

I wasn't a very patient person, I never have been. I assumed that maybe this him was her fianceè Daniel Levy.

"Danny," She whimpered.

Despite liking the Levy boy for her I was willing to punch him in the gut for whatever he did to Emily.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked her cautiously.

Now that I knew what the problem entailed I tried to be patient with Em. I understand that it's not easy to tell other people about your personal problems no matter how close you are with each other.

"He cheated on me with...Cathleen." she said her voice breaking up.

"That girl..." I growled, trying to strain myself from hurling a bunch of profanities at her.

"Yeah, the funny thing is we're getting married in a few weeks and this happened. That's why I came over here at such short notice, sorry about that, Perla. I was hoping that maybe I would forget but the more I try not to think about it, I sort of think about it even more. I can't get the disturbing image out of my head." She said as tears trickled down her face.

"He doesn't deserve you, Emily. You're a better person and you deserve better. Daniel is a horrible person with no morals at all and Cathleen is the worst friend God could give anybody," I said trying to console Emily.

"You know what? You're right. I'm better than this." She said and wiped away her tears in one swift move.

"You, one hundred percent, are!" I said with glee and she smiled, even though it was a sad one, it was at least a smile nonetheless.

"Thank you for all the support, Perla. I don't think I could survive in a world where you aren't, for reals!" She said and threw arms around me and I laughed.

"No problem Em, that's what cousins are for." I said.

"We're more than cousins Perla and you know it. You're like my sister," She said and I smiled.

"You're like my sister, too," I responded.

I made us some pasta for lunch which we both very quickly devoured and set off to binge watch the Vampire Diaries. Of course Emily was in love with Damon whereas I preferred Stefan. We watched a few other thrillers and then called it a night and went to bed.

I kind of regretted the time we went to sleep last night since I had work early the next day but oh well, coffee is my energy boyfriend.

×××

Hey Every one!

If you're here from my other book "The Possessive Billionaire" you'll realise that I have some crazy obsession with TVD!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter of the Billionaires Sweetheart.

Don't forget to comment (I respond to all of them in my spare time) and please don't forget to vote!

Thanks for reading, see you next update!