Chapter 9 - Too good to be true

I woke up to a groaning Jordan, complaining that her head hurt.

I shuffled around and realized I was naked. We both were. I then, remembered last night and smiled.

Jordan also noticed this and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Terrin. . . Did we . . ."

I nodded. Her eyes became wider and her hand was over her mouth in shock.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," she apologized. Although, I wasn't sure why.

I smiled. "Don't be sorry. I-"

I was about to say that I actually enjoyed it before she started freaking out.

"No, Terrin. I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing. I'm so sorry."

A frown appeared on my face after hearing her words.

"So, it wasn't meant to happen. You were just drunk," I stated more than it was supposed to be a question.

"Of course. I'm with your brother. I wouldn't do something like this."

I watched as she quickly grabbed her clothes that laid on the ground next to the mattress and began to dress under the covers.

I laid back down with my back towards her.

Last night meant nothing to her. I'm so stupid. Of course it didn't, she was drunk.

I knew it was too good to be true.

After putting on clothes, Jordan left the tent. I continued to lay down until Conner came in and asked if I wanted to join them on a hike. I shook my head and told him that I wasn't feeling well. 

I didn't wanna go anywhere with them if Jordan was gonna be part of it.

I grabbed my phone to call Angie but, of course, I had no signal up here.

"Crap," I muttered to myself.

I was bored, and lying around all day wasn't helping. So, I decided to get dressed and go on a walk.

I had no idea where I was going, and I hope I don't get lost. I just needed to clear my mind, and walking is the best way to do it right now.

I think I walked about a mile before sitting down on a nearby tree stump. I blew out a deep breath and looked around, taking in the scenery.

I swear, nature is beautiful.

I heard a noise. I quickly looked around to see what it was. It sounded like feet shuffling around in the grass.

It stopped for a minute, and then I heard it again.

"H-hello?" 

I walked around as I felt my heart pound in my chest. I was growing scared. I'm out here alone, and vulnerable. Anything could happen.

Suddenly, a pair of hands landed on my shoulders causing me to jump, and scream my lungs out.

I turned around to see that it was only Louis.

"You ass!" I yelled as I punched him in his chest. 

I glared at him as he died of laughter. 

"Fuck you," I threw over my shoulder. I began walking away from him.

After he contained himself, he caught up with me.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. You already looked like you were about to crap on yourself!"

I ignored him, and kept walking. He's lucky I didn't have anything to stab him with.

"What are you doing out here alone anyway?" He asked.