Chapter 8 - Camping

I opened my eyes and they were immediately burning from the sun light that was coming in through my open window. I squinted as I looked at Jordan, asleep next to me.

I remembered that we were hanging out last night and we fell asleep on my bed.

I stretched before throwing the covers off me and walking into the bathroom.

When I returned, Jordan was awake.

"Goodmorning," she smiled.

I returned the favor before pulling my bag out from the closet and stuffing it with a night's worth of clothes.

We had made plans last night about going camping with a friend of Conner's. It sounded like fun so, I agreed to go. Well, mostly after Jordan had begged me to come along.

After we were all ready, we got in the car and began our way to the camping site Conner's friend, Louis, had suggested.

It was an hour and a half drive. It was worth it, though. Because this place was beautiful.

It was so green with trees everywhere, the air smelled of nature and there was a clear river nearby.

I pulled out my camera from my bag and started snapping some photos.

Lately, I've been thinking about what Jordan said. Maybe making this my career would be a good idea.

I made a mental note to look online for schools.

We hopped back into the car and drove down a path towards the camp site. When we arrived, we began to set everything up.

"Whose sleeping with who?" Louis asked while setting up a tent.

"Jordan and I are sharing a tent," Conner replied.

My brows knitted together. "I'm not sharing a tent with this loser," I said referring to Louis.

"Hey! I take offense to that!" He called.

"Good!"

"I'll sleep with Terrin," Jordan offered. "Conner you sleep with Louis. There."

I sighed in relief. Although, that would mean another night of sleeping with Jordan. It would be better than sharing a bed with Louis, though.

I thought bout how awkward it was last night.

She was the first to fall asleep. She ended up cuddling up to me and that's when my heart rate began to rise.

Yes, I still got nervous around her. Not enough to cause me to freak out, but enough to make my heart beat fast.

After the tents were set up, we began to grab our stuff and place them inside.

We then, set up a fire and sat around it. We were talking about basically nothing when Louis came back with a bottle of Vodka.

"Seriously, Louis?" Conner chuckled.

"What? It'll make this little trip more interesting!"

We rolled our eyes at him.

"Wanna know what'll be fun?" Never have I ever!" Jordan suggested.

Conner and Louis were quick to agree but I was a little hesitant towards it. Mainly because of that night.

Shot glasses were passed around and the bottle was placed in the middle.

We played for a good half an hour. They, of course, had ended up taking more shots than me. The most I had was three. Conner, Jordan, and Louis continued drinking even after the game was over.