Chapter 6 - Can't Avoid it Any Longer

All I could do was stare at him in fear. Jordan took a notice in my distraction and asked what was I staring at.

"James," I whispered.

They followed my gaze and gasped when their eyes landed on the monster.

"You mean that guy who tried to take you last night?" Conner asked.

I slowly nodded.

"Oh hell no," he suddenly said. "No one tries to drug my sister and get away with it!"

Jordan and I looked at him weirdly then, he ran off towards James.

"Conner!" Jordan called after him but was ignored.

We stood up to run after him. As soon as Conner got near James he swung and punched him in the nose, causing James to fall on the ground.

"Conner, what the hell!" Yelled Jordan.

Conner got on top of the guy and punched him repeatedly in the face until blood was visible from his nose. James pleaded for Conner to get off but he wouldn't.

Jordan went in and tried to pull him off. She managed to do so with my help.

James struggled to get up so he sat on the ground, holding his bloody nose.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" He glared at Conner.

"You're sick! You're a sick person!" Conner seethed while Jordan held him back.

James gave him that 'what are you talking about look' but when his eyes landed on me, they widened.

He managed to get up and run away without saying another word.

"Yeah! Better run!" Conner called after him.

We all sighed in relief as soon as he was out of sight.

Jordan smacked Conner in the arm. "Are you crazy?!"

"I can't defend my sister?" He asked, still heavily breathing.

Conner doing that for me was surprising. We argue and get on each other's nerves more than we help each other. I'm not saying I'm not happy he did this, I am. That guy deserved it and hopefully this means this is a new start in Conner and I's relationship.

"We're in public! You could have got arrested!" Jordan explained.

Yes, he could have. Luckily, there weren't any cops around.

Conner finally calmed down. He looked at me for a minute before we continued on walking. I shrugged and followed them behind.

As we walked, I thought about how Jordan had acted towards me earlier. I couldn't figure out if she was actually flirting with me, or just being nice.

I mean, it's not like I care. I don't, ha. Why would I? I don't like her. I'm just wondering. Wait, is that caring?

Ugh. I shook the thought off as we stopped in front of an H&M store.

"Terrin, come in with me," Jordan smiled.

"Uh, I'm not sure if- okay," I was pulled into the store by Jordan.

I stood and watched Jordan walk around scanning everything. I wish she wouldn't have pulled me in here with her. I told myself I would try to avoid her but I'm definitely failing on that.

I took out my phone. Of course, I had missed calls and texts from Angie. I was still mad at her and didn't wanna talk right now so, I sighed and stuffed my phone back in my pocket.

Jordan walked towards me with two outfits in her hand.

"Here," she said handing me one. "Try it on."